Samsung Galaxy Note 5 (with Protective Case) Image is Leaked

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Samsung-Galaxy-Note5-Schema-06.jpg

Here's another image leak to share today, and it might not make fans of the Galaxy Note series very happy. The above shot is supposedly the retail image of the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 inside a third party protective case. What is most troublesome is that it appears Samsung will be using the same metal and glass backing on this device, just as it has with the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge. This would probably indicate a unibody design, thus no removable battery.

Of course, we have also seen rumors of a phablet-style Galaxy S6 Edge Plus, and it's possible the source of this intel confused the two devices. Maybe this leaked image is for the Galaxy S6 Edge Plus, and the final Galaxy Note 5 design will have a removable plastic back cover. We will continue to keep a watchful eye which gives us more info on this topic. Fans of the Galaxy Note series' removable battery will probably want to keep their fingers crossed for a while...

Here's our dedicated Samsung Galaxy Note 5 section for further discussion: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Source: Forbes

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I wouldn't be surprised if they continued their current trends at all. The odds are good that I won't be upgrading during this generation of devices anyway since the Note 4 is still serving its purpose quite well for me, but I'll also be looking to a different manufacturer when I do upgrade next.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I'm looking at that picture and "think" I see the S Pen but can't be sure. The image of the bottom seems to show it but that case will not be user friendly for this that want to remove the pen. Unless the rumors of the auto eject feature are true.

Note 4Tified

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Hmm....not bad looking. I have a feeling I will be jumping ship as I always do....

sent from my fabulous Note 4♡

kinfolk248

Reaction score
Only thing(s) I dislike about Sammie is 1) home and fixed buttons taking up real estate and 2) that awful touchwiz crap. Mostly.........touchwiz tho lol

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Only thing(s) I dislike about Sammie is 1) home and fixed buttons taking up real estate and 2) that awful touchwiz crap. Mostly.........touchwiz tho lol

At least the home button now doubles as the finger print scanner. Touchwiz though....I want the Note 5 for the finger print scanner but man...is it worth the interface?

Why do they insist on putting the back and recent app buttons on the wrong side.

kinfolk248

Reaction score
At least the home button now doubles as the finger print scanner. Touchwiz though....I want the Note 5 for the finger print scanner but man...is it worth the interface?

Why do they insist on putting the back and recent app buttons on the wrong side.
lol

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks

Doesn't M have native finger print support? I'm sure we'll be seeing more and more devices with scanners. I wouldn't let that get you down.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
None of these photos show a non-removable back or the lack of micro sdcard support.

I like touchwiz. It adds massive functionality that other vendors don't have. A Note without touchwiz would also not have a pen. The pen software is baked in. Y'all can have stock firmwares with less features. I will stick with the mobile office in my pocket ;)