Samsung Galaxy Note 5 & Galaxy S6 Edge Plus Leak: Press Shots (Not Concepts) and More Leaked

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Samsung-Galaxy-Note-5-S6-Edge-Plus.png

This is definitely the most detailed and solid leak for the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 and Galaxy S6 Edge Plus that we have seen. We have the leaked press images for both devices. These are NOT concept renders as we have seen before.

On top of the image (shown above), the leak also included full specs for the Samsung Galaxy Note 5. Here are the details,
  • Model SM-N920
  • Exynos 7420 SoC (4×2.1GHz+4×1.5GHz)
  • 5.66″ 2560×1440 Display
  • 4GB of RAM
  • 32GB of Storage(presumably base model)
  • 16MP rear-facing camera
  • 5MP front-facing camera
  • Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
  • No SD Card Slot
You will notice we are back on the "no SD card slot" bandwagon now with this latest leak. Sadly, the source is very reputable, as it comes from @evleaks. Still, he's not infallible so there's still a slight hope that it turns out wrong and we get an SD card slot.

One thing's for sure... in 10 days we will now all the facts.

Here's our dedicated sections for discussing both of these devices:

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Whelp, since the S6 plus is an edge screen, I'll be getting the Note 5. I don't like that curved screen.

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
I know they have been getting hammered for the decision not to have sd cards and rightfully so. It was one of their differentiators. I own many Samsung products but I do not live in a large city where WiFi is available everywhere (and so secure...). Are they even aware that, in the US, our carriers gouge for data prices? It seems everyone (carriers, cable, computer makers, etc. are all pushing for more and more cloud this or that and all the time jacking up costs to use it. At least with an SD card, that can easily be carried and switched out, I could take on my trips almost everything I needed. I just hope some company sees an opening and jumps up to provide this slot in future phones because at some point in the distant future I just might have to get a new one (and not Samsung).

On another note I noticed another link saying Sony SD slot would take up to 200gb? I found that strange as the next size is 256gb. Just wondered if they were really limiting it to 128gb or not using the whole thing. Weird. </rant>

Last edited:

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
They make a battery/sdcard case combination over at Incipio for the S6. Surely they will make one for the Note 5.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
They make a battery/sdcard case combination over at Incipio for the S6. Surely they will make one for the Note 5.
I just ordered a flash/otg combo. Not because I need external due to not having a card but a flash drive that plugs straight into my device without the need for a cord will eliminate the otg cord I already use to move data on/off to a flash drive or sd card.
Again, my bug is about the sealed battery not the storage. If I run out of storage there's a bunch of work arounds. If my battery goes bad I'm screwed if it's sealed.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Note8

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I just ordered a flash/otg combo. Not because I need external due to not having a card but a flash drive that plugs straight into my device without the need for a cord will eliminate the otg cord I already use to move data on/off to a flash drive or sd card.
Again, my bug is about the sealed battery not the storage. If I run out of storage there's a bunch of work arounds. If my battery goes bad I'm screwed if it's sealed.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Note8

I've never personally had a battery go bad, but I can understand the concern it might bring to some people.

Batteries usually last longer than the typical life cycle of a phone. For example I just found a Note 1 in a box of electronics. I've had that phone since launch day. Yesterday I checked the standby of that phone at it was sitting at 5 days and some change.

If a phone launches and they discover a bad batch of batteries the OEM will cover it. Samsung had to do this not too long ago and they honored their products by swapping out the bad batteries.