Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Rooted! App Coming Soon

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Samsung-Galaxy-Note-4-hero-small.jpg

Here's some cheerful news for this fine Thursday morning. A hacker/modder achieved root on the Samsung Galaxy Note 4! The dev who shared the news is named blazinandroid1, and he also shared that this root includes the Galaxy Note Edge and the Galaxy S5 with Lollipop.

He concluded with news that a root app from him should be available by this weekend. Here is a link to the details: R D Rooting N910A N910V Models - Post 98 - XDA Forums

Thanks for the tip, @Narsil!

Last edited:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
So, does that mean they get the bounty? Amazing what some people can figure out. Doubt I'll actually root my Note 4, since I haven't felt the need to root my last few devices, but it's great to know that I could if I felt the need.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
That's great!
And for those of you concerned about the locked bootloader, don't be. It really isn't needed on today's flagship models IMO. Simply having root access is the main win here and has been more than sufficient on my S5. And if you ARE concerned about flashing roms, there's always Safestrap. Honestly though, I've been completely satisfied just having root access. Enjoy Note4 users, this is great news!

S5 tap'n

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've been eagerly looking forward to this as Verizon made the Amazon App Store a system app. It's not working properly and I can't uninstall and reinstall it because it's a system app. Grrrrrr.

I also have some apps on my tablet that modify data files on other apps and they require root access. I'm looking forward to using them on my phone as well.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
That's awesome.. Hope it works on the GS6E

creaky

Reaction score
I was just reading that Chainfire has rooted the GS6 & Edge T-mo version. Hopefully this bodes well. I'm going to be on at&t.

Last edited:

Fuchueson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 4
Twitter
mc_morris
This makes me extremely happy. I miss rooting haha.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just updated to Lollipop on Friday. Hope the root method is for us too. I'm so used to the stock phone that really all I want root for is for Titanium Backup and Adaway.

Fuchueson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 4
Twitter
mc_morris
I just updated to Lollipop on Friday. Hope the root method is for us too. I'm so used to the stock phone that really all I want root for is for Titanium Backup and Adaway.

I mainly just want it for Titanium backup as well.