Samsung Galaxy Note 4 on T-Mobile Finally Getting Android 5.0.1 Lollipop

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
note-4-lollipop.jpg

The T-Mobile version of the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 has started receiving the Android 5.0.1 version of Lollipop today. This firmware version is N910TUVU1COD6 and will be pushing out OTA in waves. If you are the impatient type, you can manually grab the update via Samsung Kies.

Sound off when you get this update and let us know here in the forums!

Also, for further discussion, don't forget to check out our dedicated Samsung Galaxy Note 4 section here: Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Discussions Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
This is good news! The Mrs will definitely be happy.

Side note: I had forgotten about TMo's firmware upgrade tracking page so I went and looked and it appears that my Note Edge 5.0x roll out Is also imminent. It moved from Manufacturer Development to T-Mobile Testing.

Software updates T-Mobile Support

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the club T-mo users!
They didn't miss much by getting the late invite. GB to JB and JB to KK were a bigger leap in functionality in both cases. This one seems more of a tune up than anything other than aesthetics.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
@Ollie I wonder if the upcoming (May 2015) update for the Z3 which is supposed to enable 700mhz band will be seperate from Lollipop update.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
@Ollie I wonder if the upcoming (May 2015) update for the Z3 which is supposed to enable 700mhz band will be seperate from Lollipop update.

It sounds like it is since they haven't directly tied the 700mHZ update to the Lollipop update.

700mHZ is already enabled on my phone and the Note 4. I have LTE turned off, but the wife swears by the 700 speed.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It sounds like it is since they haven't directly tied the 700mHZ update to the Lollipop update.

700mHZ is already enabled on my phone and the Note 4. I have LTE turned off, but the wife swears by the 700 speed.
Has she noticed a huge improvement in building penetration?

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
@mountainbikermark that's what I'm looking forward to the most. Right now, I get zero signal in buildings like Home Depot.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Her signal at work improved overnight when they flipped the switch. It was her only gripe about moving over to TMo. She had a tough time streaming movies at work.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Her signal at work improved overnight when they flipped the switch. It was her only gripe about moving over to TMo. She had a tough time streaming movies at work.
That was my only gripe locally too, though my Home Depot has Wi-Fi so I did use Wi-Fi calling when in there and many other indoor dead signal spots that had Wi-Fi.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
That was my only gripe locally too, though my Home Depot has Wi-Fi so I did use Wi-Fi calling when in there and many other indoor dead signal spots that had Wi-Fi.

I have WiFi calling turned off. It's kind of wonky and I find I have dropped calls while using it. I don't have any dropped calls on the cellular network.

It could be that I have the smart network switching enabled and it is dropping calls when I switch from 2.4ghz to 5ghz. I've never played with it to find out, but that is my hunch.

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
I have Galaxy Note 4 N910C. How it update now?
To manually update....
Connect to a Wi-Fi point and go into settings / more / software update.
It also may be located under "About Phone".
It depends on your version of Android! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: cr6