Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Adaptive Fast Charging vs Note 3

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Discussions' started by Preach2k, Oct 12, 2014.

1. Preach2k

Preach2k DF News Team Reporter

Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
    Ratings:
    +1,552
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
    Twitter:
    DroidNCState
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Adaptive Fast Charging vs Note 3

2. CTownDroid

CTownDroid Gold Member

Ratings:
    +328
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6P
    Yeah, but that's not the 3.0 cord that came w the N3, i guess i dont understand the comparison. I've never timed the charge time on my N3, but it's considerably guicker than the standard cords. I also wish they wouldn't have dropped the 3. 0 cord on the N4, I'm sure they have a reason though.

3. Ollie

Ollie Droid Does

Ratings:
    +2,480
    Current Phone Model:
    Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
    I like the 3.0 connection as well. It is far more robust than that rinky dink microUSB.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Vito.a

Vito.a Member

Ratings:
    +13
    Micro USB 2.0 has become the industry standard for everyone except Apple.

5. FoxKat

FoxKat Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,290
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
    Thing about these fast charging methods whether Adaptive Fast Charging from Samsung or the incredibly fast Turbo charging in the new Motorola Droid Turbo, they will all have a long-term negative effect on the battery's longevity (lifespan). The shower you charge Lithium Ion batteries the longer they will continue to provide run times that are close to how they did when brand new. Fast charging will shorten it's life. Given the battery isn't replaceable in the Turbo, I'd only use Turbo charging mode in a real pinch.

6. sharkattack99

sharkattack99 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +151
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    They say they got rid of the 3.0 was because Samsung said not many or very few people accually used it to transfer data to there pc so there was no real need for the 3.0. Read it in the USA today app. Which is True I didn't mostly cause it didn't work well for me, I would try and use it for backing up on Samsungs kies and it wouldn't till I used 2.9 than it would back up. I wish they would have kept the speaker on the bottom of the phone and used 4gigs of memory instead of 3.

7. Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +8,455
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel XL
    Twitter:
    jonny_ks
    Would you suggest using my old s4 charger to trickle charge overnight then? Every night, or periodically?

I unchecked fast charging in the battery settings last night before I plugged it in, but I looked at it today while I charged it after work & it was checked again & greyed out, so apparently you can't turn it off via software when the fat charger is plugged in.

Of course, I can also go the spare battery route, which I may do anyway, but that leaves the question as to whether I should trickle charge in the spare charger & make use of the day charger on occasion when needed...

Guess I'll play it by ear right now.

Adaptive fast charging really is quite amazing. Plugged it in for about 20 minutes or so & went from less than 20% to over 60.

Sent from my Note 4

8. bsweetness

bsweetness Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +754
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel 2 XL
    I'm planning on using the Samsung charger from my S5 for overnight charging until I'm able to get a wireless charging cover on my Note 4. I'll keep the fast charging charger handy for times when I a quick boost.

Once it's back in stock, I'll also be ordering the spare battery kit from Samsung with the 50% coupon they sent for registering my Note 4. Being able to switch out batteries is one reason I'm a fan of Samsung devices, and their spare battery kits are always top notch. I've used several third party batteries and external chargers over the years, but none of them ever come close to the quality of the kits Samsung releases.

Search tags for this page

adaptive charge control

adaptive fast charging

adaptive fast charging note 4
adaptivefast charging
is it safe to charge samsung galaxy note 4 overnight
note 3 adaptive fast charging

note 3 turbo charger

note 4 fast charging
samsung note 4 adaptive fast charging battery effect

turbo charger for note 3