Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Lite Name (Neo), Specs and Picture Leaked

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung-galaxy-note-3-neo-next-to-gnote3.jpg

It's been a crazy week with CES dominating everything we do here at HQ. We missed one of the hot stories of the week. The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Lite that we heard about weeks ago got its official name and a spec list leaked. Just today a new pic of the device, which will be called the Galaxy Note 3 Neo, was leaked. It is sitting next to its larger cousin, the actual Galaxy Note 3. The most defining characteristic about the device, besides its "new" name, (pun intended), is the "Hexa-core" processor it employs.

This new architecture is actually not a 6-core chip, but is really two different chips working in tandem. One is a dual-core 1.7 GHz performance cluster, and it will be paired with the quad-core 1.3 GHz battery-friendly cluster that’s similar to (or possibly identical to the one found in the Exynos Octa).

Here's a spec breakdown for the rest of the device:
  • 5.55-inch 720p HD Super AMOLED touchscreen
  • 8MP rear camera
  • 1.9 MP front camera
  • 2 GB of RAM
  • 16 GB of internal storage
  • A microSD card slot
  • Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 4.0, USB 3.0
  • NFC
  • 42 Mbps HSPA+ (No LTE)
  • Same sensors in the Galaxy Note 3
  • Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
It's interesting to see that it is basically a Galaxy Note 3 Mini, with some unusual new specs. For many it's probably disappointing that it doesn't include LTE. More than likely the official announcement for this device will happen sometime on or around Mobile World Congress in February. What do you guys think of the Galaxy Note 3 Neo?

Source: SamMobile

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Wow, no LTE. What's with manufacturers doing this lately? Is LTE that much more costly?

Sent from my Droid Maxx

mikekhelxD

Reaction score
No LTE? No thanks, unless ofcourse it's dirt cheap off contract as back up.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't get this - barely smaller than the Note 3 with lesser specs and no LTE. What's the point? I predict this to be a horrible flop.