Samsung Galaxy Note 2 May Have Samsung's First Flexible Display (Although Not Bendy)

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
gsmarena_g-note-2-mockup.jpeg

Some insider info seems to suggest that Samsung's soon to be announced Galaxy Note 2 could be the first Samsung device shipping with their new flexible OLED technology. Now, don't get your hopes up for a bendable device just yet. In this first iteration of the tech, it will simply be the unbreakable plane plastic substrate under glass and in a normal configuration. This will make the display much thinner, and potentially allow the device to have a thinner form factor or a better battery. It will also allow it to potentially be curved.

Some additional rumors floating around the web also suggest that the design aesthetics of the device will be similar to the SGS3. Additionally, further rumors suggest that the phablet will come with a quad-core Exynos processor and an improved camera.

All the smart money right now would bet that we will know all of this for sure just before the IFA 2012 event in Berlin. Samsung is holding their newest Unpacked Event on August 29th, and every bit of intel indicates that they will launch the G-Note 2.

Source: S3Forums via GSMArena

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I'd like to post the "bendy" clip from Friends (Phoebe and Chandler) but given the T&C of the forum I won't. :frown:

-Matt

Last edited:
OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
^^. LOL. At least you made reference to it brutha. Thanks for the laugh! :)

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Oh boy I love this thread. :icon_ lala:

-Matt