Samsung Galaxy Nexus Loses Signal in Stand By Mode After 4.0.4 Update

Discussion in 'Android News' started by cereal killer, Apr 5, 2012.

1. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

According to many GSM Galaxy Neuxus users on Google Code, the newest 4.0.4 update is killing cellular signal after the phone has been in stand-by mode for more than 2 minutes. Further testing shows that if the minimum processor clock speed of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus is increased to 700MHz, or if there is a background app that puts a load on the processor, the problem does not occur. Users who flashed back to 4.0.2 report that the issue is not present after the downgrade is performed. If flashing back to 4.0.2 is not an option, a user over on XDA has reported that using a custom kernel with the Smart Reflex feature turned off solves the issue.

The strange thing about this very serious issue is that it is not affecting all units. Only a specific batch of devices are experiencing the signal loss. Google is aware of the problem and hopefully a fix is on the way.

Via: Google
  2. jntdroid

jntdroid DF Super Moderator Premium Member

Hopefully that bodes well for LTE users that are looking forward to 4.0.5 - i.e. it's fixable with software.
  3. akhenax

akhenax Well-Known Member

Or does this mean the 4.0.5 update to be delayed for Verizon users if the problem still exists?
  4. jntdroid

jntdroid DF Super Moderator Premium Member

I hope you're wrong... :) When bmx made that tweet a couple of weeks ago, he hinted that it fixes the problem of the radios going to sleep (4.0.5 that is), so we'll see...
  5. zinethar

zinethar Member

Hmmm. I have the LTE version (Verizon) and so far have not had this problem so perhaps it is only on GSM models. This update runs smooth so far and is perfect (except for its annoying desire to use a Japanese keyboard that can't be turned off).
  6. BrUhNiGGs

BrUhNiGGs New Member

Aw man looks like my Gnex happens to be among those specific batches of them getting signal losses. I am runnign 4.0.4 AOKP, with smartreflex and I do get the issue.
Search tags for this page

signals lost in sleep mod androisd