Samsung Galaxy III vs. Droid DNA/ Which Verizon phone?

sduyn

Reaction score
Im debating between the SGIII and the New DNA, or any other phone on Verizon. Any thoughts on what to get? Im coming from OG Droid->Bionic->?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Owned the S3 for a bit and enjoyed it. Nice screen, great battery life, fast, and overall great phone. Can't tell you about the DNA as I have yet to get my hands on one, but it seems good.

RoWilJr

Reaction score
Both are great phones! Of course Imma be biased since I have the S3...:sly:
The DNA screen is outrageous! Nice phone even though it has no removable battery/sd card but that's what dropbox/cloud/blah...blah...blah are for. Quad core vs. Dual...meh, can't really tell the difference when I was in the store playing with one (sts) I can go on and on (as can/will others) but until YOU go and put hands on each device, you're gonna get subjective answers.
BLUF, get the phone that suits YOUR needs...not what you read on the interwebz :cool:

sent from a Galaxy SIII near you

Chubbydog

Reaction score
You might wanna take a look at the NoteII. It has the best features of both of those phones, and a tablet. I've had it for about 2 weeks, and it's by far the best phone I've ever owned. Battery lasts all day, awesome screen, SD card storage, & a quad core processor. It's a half inch bigger than the DNA, but after a week, you won't even notice the size. Much better for reading, or watching movies on though. JMO!

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Best bet is go in and play with them and decide on your own.. all excellent phones.

mcgeeb

Reaction score
Almost went with DNA, but due to lack of storage and Verizon's bloatware hogging much of what was on there already I went with a Note 2. The bloatware wouldn't have been so bad if I could have put in a 32 GB or 64 GB card for my stuff. Forget about watching movies on the DNA unless you have unlimited data. Also on the note 2 I don't even need to worry about my battery running out. The DNA is just not that good with battery life. I think the only plus side to owning a DNA would have been a slightly better camera (not by much) and higher resolution screen. I really couldn't tell the difference though between the two screens though. As far as G3 vs note 2, I wanted the pen and extra .7 inches of screen.

Danengeus

Reaction score
It is better to go with Samsung Galaxy S3, because HTC Droid DNA has only 11GB internal memory and no SD card memory.

Iuvussac

Reaction score
Check it

SIII looks good, and haver really good screen. But you have to check it out by yourself, because I have problem with using it with one hand! I cant rich upper left corner when I'm holding it in my right hand. My friend has longer finger and bigger palm - so he don't experience any difficulties with this.
You have to take this phone to you hand. And if it is Ok - it would be a good choice.

JRParsons

Reaction score
Personally I don't like to use two hands when using my phone and I find that the S3 allows me to use 1 hand most of the time. As stated above, trying to get to the top left corner usually results in needing my other hand or a dropped phone. I can't fathom using a 5 or 5.5 inch screen. IMO the sweet spot is 4.3-4.5.
That being said, there are those that love the larger screens, and the reasons are obvious.

I really suggest an hour at the vzw store. If the salesperson tries to hurry you along, explain you want to spend 20 minutes with each phone before you marry it for the next two years. He/she should understand.

droidcathy

Reaction score
You might wanna take a look at the NoteII. It has the best features of both of those phones, and a tablet. I've had it for about 2 weeks, and it's by far the best phone I've ever owned. Battery lasts all day, awesome screen, SD card storage, & a quad core processor. It's a half inch bigger than the DNA, but after a week, you won't even notice the size. Much better for reading, or watching movies on though. JMO!

Yes,Note ii is also good,my father is using one.