Samsung Files For Patents On New Wireless Chargers Which Are Game Changing.

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Samsung has been making the wireless charger better with every iteration. The first charge pad simply charged your Galaxy device wirelessly ,the next version added fast charging, and the latest charge pad includes a stand which makes using your phone while charging much easier. The only downside to any of these chargers is that you can only charge one device at a time. Of course you could buy many charge pads to charge many devices.

A patent was filed by Samsung back in January that would allow you to wirelessly charge your Samsung Gear Fit 2 or Gear S3 at the same time your are charging your phone. There are 3 designs included in the patent filing. They mostly involve ways to charge your Gear smartwatches. I personally don't use a Gear smartwatch so for me the added benefit won't be necessary, but if you have two devices this would make things super convenient. Would you find something like this useful?

via Patently Mobile

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Doesn't a pad with multiple charging spots do the same thing?

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I just got a fast wireless charger and man, its so nice. I used an old QI Samsung charger over night but with this one...its so fast. Happy with the purchase.