Samsung Features like "Smart Stay" not working

brunla

Reaction score
Are the features like "Smart Stay" and "Smart Scroll" just gimmicks or are they actually supposed to work?
I am looking directly at the screen and it does not stay on. I tilt my head or device and it does not scroll in any app.
Maybe my device sensor is broken?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Are you in a well lit area? I don't use them on mine. It doesn't use a sensor per say. It uses the front facing camera so needs good lighting for the facial detection.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

EmanP223

Reaction score
Al ot of the new 'features' seem glitchy to me too. Sometimes they seem to work and other times they don't. I wish that the Airview was more consistent as well. I stopped using the Smart features because they seemed to be more gimmicky than useful when they actually worked.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I don't have any issues with air view and use it all the time. However Smart Stay/Scroll do seem to be pretty worthless. Smart Stay seems to have worked a few times, but I gave up on smart scroll.

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
Smart Stay works correctly for me each and every time. Smart Pause however was a little glitchy for me. It would pause when I didn't want it too. I ended up turning that off. The Smart Scroll works for me once I realized that it only works with certain apps and browsers. Even though I got that to work correctly for me, I found that I don't like it and have turned it off as well. I do love Smart Stay and think that I'll be leaving that one on.