Samsung Fasinate Calendar

irenek123

Reaction score
Not sure where to post this question. I have the new Samsung Fasinate. My questions is this...My calendar has all of my Facebook events in it and I cannot delete them. I don't want them in my calendar. Any suggestions to how I can remove them? I want my calendar for my personal use, birthdays, work events not Facebook events.
Thank you for your help! Irene

chloebreee

Reaction score
Yeah, when you figure this out, tell me :)
I would like to know too!
If i figure anything out, i'll post it!!

harrellj

Reaction score
Since I have the original Droid, I'm not familiar with the settings on the Fascinate, but if you go into the calendar app > menu > calendars, does it give you a list of calendars? Is your Facebook information considered a separate calendar (also able to be checked by going to calendar.google.com and seeing if there's other calendars listed on the left)?

mcapozzi

Reaction score
Open the Calendar, hit the menu button, select Settings, select Calendar Sync, Select your Facebook account, then uncheck "Sync Birthdays".

To get rid of all facebook calendar entries, open the Calendar, hit the menu button, select Settings, select Calendars, uncheck Facebook.

-Mike

leannerenee80

Reaction score
I did what Mike wrote but they are STILL there. I even turned my phone off and back on. Still there! I need my calendar for work and can't have it telling me I have something going on every day because of FB birthdays.

mcapozzi

Reaction score
I would try removing the Facebook account entirely off the phone, then see if that removes the calendar entries. If they are still in the calendar after that, then the Facebook birthdays are getting synced to the calendar by some other means. Or perhaps the calendar's application data needs to be deleted and re-created.

-Mike