Samsung Fascinate Launch Drawing Near

Reaction score
Interesting read

This bit of news coupled with the fact that the 2010 MTV Video Music Awards will be sponsored by Verizon and the Samsung Galaxy S, I have a feeling that this phone is going to be coming out before or on September 12th -- or maybe a few days later. At least I hope so. My 30 day trial with the Droid X ends on the 12th

EDIT: Link. Looks like an early September launch is becoming more and more likely.

Last edited:

ben1284

Reaction score
i've been waiting on this phone since it was fisrt announced...i want it now!!

dshinnick

Reaction score
Ah, all good things come to he who waits. I was with someone last night who had Tmobile's version of the phone. Quite nice. From a short distance you'd swear it was an iPhone; whether that's an advantage or not is up to you. Very svelte, easy on the hands, pocket-compatible, beautiful screen. I'll be there at opening time on the first day it's released!

Googleaddict

Reaction score
Am i the only one who thinks the galaxy s screens are 10000 times better than lcd? Plus the hummingbird is supposed to have a better GPU than the 1ghz omap in the droid 2

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
A co-worker of my wife got the Galaxy S after her iphone went through the wash. She brought it by to learn some Android. The screen was the brightest and most vivid that I have seen. The screen is larger than my D1, but the phone is thin and very light

She has had the phone for several days, but every time I tried to check an app it wanted to update. I updated everything. I DL the speech to text for Nav, set up some widgets and got everything else set up like she wanted. After working with her Galaxy off on on for a couple hours, I picked up my D1 and it felt clunky, dark, and heavy.

xliderider

Reaction score
I agree, the Galaxy S phones are very nice. Played around with my boss's Captivate. It pretty much feels like the perfect size and weight and what a gorgeous screen. :)

rjpear

Reaction score
Ram?

So is the RAM the 512m or the 368 or whatever one of the leaked docs say?

Also.. How soon till we can ROOT and Clean the SHOVELWARE Verizon dumped into this thing? I really like it and its' the reason I figured I could forgo the Droid X . But I want to make sure we can open her up and clean her out...

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
So is the RAM the 512m or the 368 or whatever one of the leaked docs say?

Also.. How soon till we can ROOT and Clean the SHOVELWARE Verizon dumped into this thing? I really like it and its' the reason I figured I could forgo the Droid X . But I want to make sure we can open her up and clean her out...

as far as i know all the other Galaxy S variants have been rooted so i dont think it would take more then a few days.