Samsung fascinate Gingerbread 2.3 ???

beamer071

Reaction score
Any news on release date for the fascinate?

Thanks much!!!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

GSdub510

Reaction score
Extremely doubt Verizon would push 2.3 out. The Galaxy S II comes equipped with gingerbread

OP
beamer071

beamer071

Reaction score
Yea but its an update not like a feature its should be available for all android devices eventually you'd think.

GSdub510

Reaction score
Yeah it's not like i disagree with what you're saying, but Verizon barely pushed out Froyo... I would be surprised to see 2.3 on this phone

GDP

Reaction score
They just got Froyo a little while ago, I couldn't imagine the Fascinate getting Gingerbread anytime soon. If ever

bhfd64

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Maybe never officially, it'll happen via hacking and flashing though.

OP
beamer071

beamer071

Reaction score
I'm not into the hacking really but I guess I can only hope.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Generally carriers don't like to update their phones past end of life, so that you will have to buy another one. Google would prolly have to step in and pressure the carrier. The fascinate meets all the GB requirements but its almost at EOL, being almost a year old. GB in not much of an improvement anyways except for some performance upgrades. If samsung releases source code for gb then there may be some hacks. Samsung did say they planned to update their galaxy s phones, but they (vzw/samsung) have made empty promises before.

Sent from my fascinate

OP
beamer071

beamer071

Reaction score
Yea I hate how they judge the support/upgrades...ect based on how long its been our I just got mine in may cause I waited and got it for free with my new two year renewal. We're all not made of money and cant get them right when phones come out, but I know that they dont care about that one bit

OP
beamer071

beamer071

Reaction score
Doesn't that entitle me to root my phone in order to use them which then voids all warranties?

psionhacker

Reaction score
Yeah, you would have to root your phone in order to get those roms. I wasn't saying they were official, just saying they exist if people were interested.

OP
beamer071

beamer071

Reaction score
The support is appreciated if only the donkeys that are in control of updates would do the same.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wouldnt worry about gingerbread anyways, its not that much different from froyo. The herdle was getting froyo on the fascinate which is very much improved from 2.1. The next real OS improvement will come from Icecream Sandwhich, which most phones will not see until next spring or later most likely.

Sent from my fascinate

OP
beamer071

beamer071

Reaction score
Ice cream sandwhich??? Hmmm didn't know that was what was coming out next but by then they won't even worry about updates for these phones probably and I will probably be able to upgrade by then but I hope if any are possible they'll release them asap.