Samsung Fascinate Facebook Sync Issues

txflea

Reaction score
I am now on my second Samsung Fascinate in less than 30 days.
My first SF just freaked out on me, it started making all kinds of alarms and just generally going nuts, so I took it back today and got ANOTHER SF.

This one will not let me sync my facebook to my contacts. I have tried EVERYTHING.
I have done a hard reset,
I have done a complete reset,
I have taken the battery out,
I have gone to contacts, menu, get friends, facebook (which is grayed out) and that didn't work,
I have deleted the facebook account and that didn't work,
I even deleted the facebook app and that didn't work,
I have even called samsung and talked to technical support, (they are useless)
I have tried banging my head against a wall, that didn't work either.

I am still getting the error message Sync is currently experiencing problems, try again later. (I have been trying since this morning at 10am)

Has anyone else had this problem and if so did you fix it? What did you do to fix it?

Reaction score
My wifes friend has this same issue and I couldn't fix it. Sorry, but now you know that your not alone.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Swerve12

Reaction score
Mine updates if i go to get friends but it will update that persons status of picture again

OP
T

txflea

Reaction score
I am giving it till Thursday and if I still cant update it I am definitely going to get another one..lol

I think its the update that caused the sync to mess up. I really do..but thats just my opinion.
I love this phone, and I really don't like the other droids that are offered with VZW right this second.

I did find a way around the problem, an app called ''facebook sync'' that I downloaded from the market and it updates the pictures, but that's it. And some of them wont link so you have to go in and link them yourself but it works in a fix, but its not correct.

I figure if I am paying all this money for a phone all the features better work!!

kbillings911

Reaction score
I had the same problem but after I waited a day it say it seemed to correct itself. Even after I synced my contacts it was a day our so before the pictures synced

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

sac952

Reaction score
deleted the the FB account on the phone, then I reestablished the account and made sure to hit "select all" for which contacts to sync with

MassAppeal16

Reaction score
Mine is doing the same thing... I tried the sync app but it only matched about half of my contacts up and its a pain to sync the others... feels like it takes forever to do them. Anyone have any other ideas?

MassAppeal16

Reaction score
Someone on another site saith to boot into clockwork and do a wipe. Anyone tried that?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App