Samsung Fascinate- DivX? Streaming?

JohnnyCrash

Reaction score
I am the proud new owner of a Samsung Fascinate. Shocked it only comes with Android 2.1 (no flash) but ok.. updates later... Supposed to support Divx but I want something streaming. When I visit my usual sites for movies it required DivX Plus web player.... Not supported on Droid. I really like this phone but the iPhone I have in my other pocket is starting to be mean and teasing my Droid. Please make him stop! The iPhone has a LIST of apps and websites for streaming movies. Mine will even support Flash!!! What am I supposed to do with this android OS?!? It's shiny and new and doesn't do JACK!!!!

chipette_

Reaction score
I agree. You can not even watch a video with this phone unless you purchase the VCast Video package... that's messed up!

D

dvdcatalyst

I am the proud new owner of a Samsung Fascinate. Shocked it only comes with Android 2.1 (no flash) but ok.. updates later... Supposed to support Divx but I want something streaming. When I visit my usual sites for movies it required DivX Plus web player.... Not supported on Droid. I really like this phone but the iPhone I have in my other pocket is starting to be mean and teasing my Droid. Please make him stop! The iPhone has a LIST of apps and websites for streaming movies. Mine will even support Flash!!! What am I supposed to do with this android OS?!? It's shiny and new and doesn't do JACK!!!!

the websites you use on your iPhone for streaming should work for your phone as well.

As for Apps, contact the developer of those apps and ask if they make an Android version. In most cases, they are probably working on it, but keep in mind that Android didn't really take off until November of last year with the release of the original Droid, so the iPhone kinda has a headstart.

chipette_

Reaction score
Well just spoke with my phone dealer, trading the Samsung in for the Incredible. At least I don't have to pay the extra for the VCast Video now! :icon_ banana:

tallnerd1985

Reaction score
Well just spoke with my phone dealer, trading the Samsung in for the Incredible. At least I don't have to pay the extra for the VCast Video now! :icon_ banana:

Not to be too agressive but what are you talking about? Vcast is $10/month regardless of what handset you purchase. There is numerous different apps on the Market that allow for video streaming like justin.tv, break.com, youtube, me and DVDcatalyst's multiple different streaming techniques and a bunch of different methods. Please, before you make a judgement and rash decisions, do some research and find the best possible solution for you needs. The Galaxy S lineup of phones is the only phone that currently supports Divx in a .avi format by streaming it via DLNA connections or HTTP. With HTC, you have to use Rockplayer to play Divx locally only and Motorola has a built in Divx player but like HTC, it cannot stream via DLNA or HTTP like the Fascinate.

kamileon

Reaction score

Not to be too agressive but what are you talking about? Vcast is $10/month regardless of what handset you purchase. There is numerous different apps on the Market that allow for video streaming like justin.tv, break.com, youtube, me and DVDcatalyst's multiple different streaming techniques and a bunch of different methods. Please, before you make a judgement and rash decisions, do some research and find the best possible solution for you needs. The Galaxy S lineup of phones is the only phone that currently supports Divx in a .avi format by streaming it via DLNA connections or HTTP. With HTC, you have to use Rockplayer to play Divx locally only and Motorola has a built in Divx player but like HTC, it cannot stream via DLNA or HTTP like the Fascinate.

AMEN!!!!!If people would only read and do a little research before jumping off the deep end. Ten minutes of research and reading would have saved you the headache of returning a phone for not doing something it actually does, and very well I might add.