Samsung Fascinate... crappy hardware

epsilonbass

Reaction score
I just ordered a Dx instead of the at the time less expensive Fascinate. My reasoning for the Dx was I liked the theming more than the Galaxy S cutesy tween's theme, and bing, and the Fasc apparently having gps problems.

That being said I don't really understand this plasticy light issue people are talking about. I find it pretty funny that Large and Heavy are now the in thing. We just spent a decade making phones smaller and lighter, and now we're complaining that they are too light? I understand wanting the screen size, that's why I went for the droid x, I have giant hands (and giant feet... ladies ;) j/k, but yeah size 14), but phones being too light? "Oh no, I prefer having to tighten the belt a few extra notches so I don't have a problem when I put my phone in my pocket!"

klaudiadroid2

Reaction score
I just ordered a Dx instead of the at the time less expensive Fascinate. My reasoning for the Dx was I liked the theming more than the Galaxy S cutesy tween's theme, and bing, and the Fasc apparently having gps problems.

That being said I don't really understand this plasticy light issue people are talking about. I find it pretty funny that Large and Heavy are now the in thing. We just spent a decade making phones smaller and lighter, and now we're complaining that they are too light? I understand wanting the screen size, that's why I went for the droid x, I have giant hands (and giant feet... ladies ;) j/k, but yeah size 14), but phones being too light? "Oh no, I prefer having to tighten the belt a few extra notches so I don't have a problem when I put my phone in my pocket!"

Lol
I agree

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

dhaymond

Reaction score
I owned the droid, and droid x, I currently own a fascinate, because my droid x software went out and verizon wouldnt replace my X; seeing It was a replacement phone through asurion, the company that originally replaced my device after it was stolen. Didn't have anymore and offered me a new fascinate cuz they didn't have anymore. The fascinate isn't really a bad phone.yes it has its problems but what phone doesn't? I will admit; the fascinate does have more than its share of glitches. Hopefully they'll be fixed with 2.2, if that ever gets out. Like the X took...FOREVER!

dhaymond

Reaction score
Besides...if need be...just root. The bug thing I like, I'd the fascinate doesn't have that hump for the camera the X has and the in its self had is pros and cons.

OP
W

willyc

Reaction score
I think Motorola has the best build quality of any of the droid phones by far because of how they use metal and not plastic like the fascinate. But I do think even the incredible has a better build quality than the fascinate.. there's just something about it that feels like cheap plastic.

dhaymond

Reaction score
No they are built cheap. but I also do like the fact that I can just replace the back if I scratch or break it. don't get me wrong I'm not gonna stay with the fascinate forever. but I am waiting for a phone like the evo 4g. I just like that phone, and love verizon.

Jamis0n

Reaction score
Just like any android, it has the abilities to be customized to your liking. I haven't rooted mine but many launchers and apps are available to fix many minor problems that people tend to over talk about [ex. bing and gps]. Like stated previously, to each his own. The phones are amazing and they help you in your every day life and that's all that matters. We don't need blind biassed arguments.

8pened!