1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Samsung Fasc. Contacts Help Please.....

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by tarka321, Oct 18, 2010.

1. tarka321

tarka321 New Member

Hi All,
    I am new to the boards as well as new to the Android phone so please excuse my ignorance here but I am have a hard time figuring out my contacts. Several problems seem to be occuring so I will mention them all in case they are related. 1st of all when I got my Samsung Fascinate the guy at Verizon transfered all my contacts from the back up wizard from my BB. Turns out I now have duplicates of almost everyone in my contacts folder. One is a "phone contact" and the other is a "google contact". I couldnt figure out why I would need both (a little help here would be great also) so I went through and delet the "Phone Contacts" of everyone and kept just the "google contacts". Now when I go to personalize a ringtone for a contact the otion is no longer there. I have to add them back as a "phone Contact" to have that option. So then I tried opening the music file that I want to make a ringtone for someone and hit menu, set as, caller ringtone and it brings up my contacts. HOWEVER, it only brings up a select few for reasons I cannot figure out. For instance it only shows 1 of my 17 "H" contacts. All of them are "Google contacts" (not "phone contacts"). I have tried everything to figure out the reason for this but I am sumped. Any help would be very much appreciated.
    Thanks in advance,
    Lee
  2. DaveShapiro72

DaveShapiro72 New Member

You download an app called ringo lite a free app from the market which will let you assign any contact a ringtone for calls and texts. Or you have to add contacts manually back in from the phone to have option of choosing ringtone.