Samsung Facebook: Verizon is Getting the Galaxy Nexus in the First Wave/Others Later

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
galaxy-nexus-facebook.png

We are still getting questions on whether the Samsung Galaxy Nexus will be coming to verizon. There has been enough Big Red screenshots and source information to make you a believer, although it was also referenced on Sammie’s website last night along with the 4G LTE version in pictures today. It’s coming!

For additional confirmation that it will arrive in November, take a look at Samsung’s official Facebook page where one reader asked about carrier choices. As you can see from the Samsung rep’s response, it sounds like Verizon may be the only U.S. carrier initially, doesn’t it? Big Red gets it “with the initial release” while other carriers “may” see it later.

Via: Droid-Life.Com Via: Facebook

Last edited:

armopride07

Reaction score
Any chance you think they'll release a non 4G LTE for Verizon?

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

StevieJ

Reaction score
That same Samsung Rep commented again saying "My mistake, no U.S. carrier has been determined yet. Stay tuned for updates."...

StevieJ

Reaction score
The proof is in the pictures. She probably just wasn't allowed to say that Verizon is getting it first.

Oh I know. I just think it's funny that they think we don't know by now.

TuxDude

Reaction score
I feel it is good news for Verizon customers like me, but my free upgrade is long way ahead :|

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I would pay the off contract price for this phone even if I had to sign a new 2-year agreement.

DrZenga

Reaction score
I'm getting it :D...retail price

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Jahmakan

Reaction score
I wonder (though I doubt it, this is VZW we're talking) if the LTE version also supports HSPA? Then it would be a TRUE world phone. It obviously would not be VZW's best interest for it to be this way, but...

pyro6128

Reaction score
That post says absolutely nothing about November.

Well it says the verizon one will be part of the initial release. Since the phone is being released in November, we can safely infer that given the information provided, and assuming the word initial still has the same meaning, that it will be released in november.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Went to Verizon today to check out the 4s (for my parents), and asked about the Nexus, they know nothing of it.

Yes I know people around here know more, but figured I'd give it a shot.

wolstonc

Reaction score
Every unconfirmed hint makes me a little more scared that Verizon will throw in bloat or something. Please Verizon, give us a true nexus

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums