Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez

galaxys2.jpg

The hottest smartphone on the planet right now is arguably the Samsung Galaxy S II. It sold 120,000 units in South Korea after just three days, and just set a record with over 1 million units sold in Korea in the first month after launch in the country. That means that the handset is the fastest selling smartphone in Korean history, although some cynics would say that Samsung had the home field advantage.

Just because the Samsung Galaxy S II has scored outrageous quadrant benchmark scores doesn't mean that the phone can't be improved. The president of Samsung's Mobile division, J.K. Shin, said that the Samsung Galaxy S III will see the light of day in the first half of next year. If the Galaxy S II has proven to be such a highly desirable phone, imagine what its successor will be like. Also, we should see carrier-specific versions of the Samsung Galaxy S II hit the States sometime this summer.

Continue reading @ Phone Arena

allan1313

Reaction score
Hey Samsung let's concentrate on getting the SII out to US carriers before we work on the SIII.....Thanks :icon_eek:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Actually, the SIII coming makes me feel better about hanging onto my Charge for a bit and passing on the SII..... decisions decisions.

Cmdates2991

Reaction score
You dare tease me with the SIII when I can't even get the SII. Samsung, you bastards...

EgooEspada

Reaction score
Actually, the SIII coming makes me feel better about hanging onto my Charge for a bit and passing on the SII..... decisions decisions.

Yea, I can see that. Though first half means anywhere between January to June. So you can probably expect it on US carriers next Summer. So it falls in line with the original Galaxy S and the Galaxy S II. I'm just surprised they came out and said it.

alienware777

Reaction score

Same. And considering my 2 year contract doesn't end till Christmas, this could be perfect. Then again, US carriers probably won't get it till June...

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
I would love it if it wasn't Samsung.
Unless they get there updates out faster, I will never buy one of there phones again.
I am sure it'll be kickass though.

But these days every Android phone it. :)

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Same. And considering my 2 year contract doesn't end till Christmas, this could be perfect. Then again, US carriers probably won't get it till June...

I burned my final early upgrade on the Charge... :)

alienware777

Reaction score

I burned my final early upgrade on the Charge... :)

Might I ask why you went with the Charge? From what I've read its not most peoples first choices.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jhom

Reaction score
For what it is worth, a sales rep at a local Samsung Mall displayed assured me that a Verizon 4g version will be released next month. I'll believe it when I see it.

V

volando

If the Galaxy S II has proven to be such a highly desirable phone, imagine what its successor will be like.

That doesn't logically follow at all. Samsung GS3 could very well be completely redesigned, or messed up or be a 2kg brick... pretty much anything at all Samsung wants. Latching onto names is something the Apple camp does :)

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
galaxys2.jpg

The hottest smartphone on the planet right now is arguably the Samsung Galaxy S II. It sold 120,000 units in South Korea after just three days, and just set a record with over 1 million units sold in Korea in the first month after launch in the country. That means that the handset is the fastest selling smartphone in Korean history, although some cynics would say that Samsung had the home field advantage.​

Just because the Samsung Galaxy S II has scored outrageous quadrant benchmark scores doesn't mean that the phone can't be improved. The president of Samsung's Mobile division, J.K. Shin, said that the Samsung Galaxy S III will see the light of day in the first half of next year. If the Galaxy S II has proven to be such a highly desirable phone, imagine what its successor will be like. Also, we should see carrier-specific versions of the Samsung Galaxy S II hit the States sometime this summer.​

Continue reading @ Phone Arena
We r movin way 2 fast!!