Samsung Exec Reveals the Galaxy Note 5 and Samsung Pay will Arrive in September

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung-pay-reader.jpg

Earlier rumors suggested that Samsung could be considering launching the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 early in July in order to get ahead of the iPhone 6 Plus launch later this year. Eventually, that rumor was refuted directly by Samsung themselves.

On Wednesday, Samsung's Executive Vice President Rhee In Jong made it even more clear by revealing the Galaxy Note 5 will launch in September. On top of this, she shared that the device will launch at the same time as Samsung Pay, which is Samsung's new mobile payment platform. Rhee also added that Samsung plans to expand to other markets, including Europe, China, Australia and South America, beginning later this year, and that the Samsung Pay service will be activated for the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge.

Claire Kim, a Seoul-based analyst at Daishin Securities Co. commented on the information, stating, "“The new service will likely be deployed on its next Galaxy Note device. The key is how fast Samsung will be able to expand the service to lower-end devices.”

Be sure to hit up our dedicated Samsung Galaxy Note 5 section for further discussion: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Source: Bloomberg

bigdad63

Reaction score
too bad Samsung is probably too stupid to offer a second variant of the note 5. one with an SD card and removable battery and front facing speakers. my guess is that they expended way too much energy copying apple with the S6 style.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
too bad Samsung is probably too stupid to offer a second variant of the note 5. one with an SD card and removable battery and front facing speakers. my guess is that they expended way too much energy copying apple with the S6 style.

Have you compared the S6 and the i6? They are leagues apart.

Reactions: cr6

eebvending

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S10+
I just want to get to the point where we have confirmed specs so I know whether to look forward to the Note 5 or not.