Samsung Error Pops up all the time for reasons I do not understand.

enduser2941

Reaction score
[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hey guys I need some help... Now I know you guys are all about Verizon and I am all about AT&T (this issue has nothing to do in my opinion with the provider), however, I come here because this is the only Droid site that takes the time to help me when ever I'm stuck, treating me like a part of the team, hence the reason I have come here once again. I just ask that the responses (if any that may help) address the couple questions below as I have been having issues lately on other sites where people seem to only read the first statement in my question, then ask me if I tried everything that I already said I did in the original thread had they just read the dang think! lol Now I have never had that occur here, so I will leave this in you very capable hands. Maybe we can come up with something. [/FONT]

Every so often, like everyday, a few times a day on my device a popup notification or warning slaps me in the face I can't recall the exact wording on the msg as by the time I have seen it I have either Ok'ed the error or allowed it to do it's thing when the download is finished it and attempts to install what ever this patch of s. I will share more spec below. Now, I have no idea what is causing the error and I don't know how to trigger it. Since I get the error so often, I have become to complacent and just OK or Cancel it and usually pay it no mind it's, however it popped up 3 times today and every day and I really need some guidance getting it to stop..

Detail:
Device: Samsung Galaxy Note3
DroidOS: 4.6 Rooted but that I am the stock ROM and I haven't any plans of changing that.
No recent changes. Even with the phone Rooted, I have been able to get some OTA updates and all apps have been able to work.
What could be causing this Samsung error in just new too me.

The error msg say's "An update is required to access Samsung Services" Continue> Y Cancel > By aborting the uinstallation.

I have Zero problems with anything else on the device. All other apps update perfectly fine except anything Samsung, however, I did Root the Note3, and I know that in most cases that kills the OTA updates, but I though that was only if you changed the base ROM. Last night I tried to suck down the latest release / patch (Settings>Device>Status> Check for New Updates and I get an error code 3. This is the same error code I get when I try to update any Samsung app through the Samsung App Hub. Not sure if this is related or not. If this was a Root issue, I would think that other apps would have a problem, but don't. Can you guys offer any suggestions? If there is a way to do something to hide root so that OTAupdated work again that would be great.

Does anyone know if there is a way to get the latest OTA OS update as an APK so I can try installing manually? Again I do not really want to change to a new ROM. If I had to decide between a new ROM or some how backing out the ROOTing I would do that but I don't think it would be that easy.

Since a Samsung error is popping up, I may have to contact them (shoot me first) but not until I hear from you guys first.

Please let me know if there is any further info you guys may need to help me out, or direct me to some guru's that can... I really need some help here!

Also, I will be out of NJ for most of the day for National Train Day in Philly with a few friends so I may be able to get back to any additional question you may have,

Thank you all soo much!

EU

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
You are rooted and running the stock or custom ROM. If it's the stock ROM, try going to Setting>Apps>All. Scroll to Samsung Services and clear data and cache. Now reboot the phone.

OP
E

enduser2941

Reaction score
Hey Jeffrey,

It is indeed the STOCK ROM. I did Root it, but I did not change the ROM. I mainly ROOTED the device for accessing the network packets and crap on my own network with apps that would not work with out root. That being said, I followed your instructions but did not find anything named Samsung Services, so I took the liberty to clear the data and cache on all things Samsung that seemed like it could help. Mostly in the areas where I have been able to force the error to occur by running certain apps. We shall see. I do appreciate your reply though and I will let you know how I make out!

Thanks again..

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Good job and do let us know.

OP
E

enduser2941

Reaction score
Well thus far, I have not been able to get the error again, but in doing so, I have lost my Samsung account and can't figure out how to get it back because if I goto add accounts, Samsung is not listed. I also lost the Samsung App's store, and can't figure out how to get that back. Don't know if that's a big deal either, but the good news is, I haven't seen the error since. So I don't know if I have done more bad then good, but I don't see the error anymore.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I would forfeit the account to be error free.

alexander2020

Reaction score
That was helpful. But now sometimes my phone crashes and that is the only defect. Cannot help with that.