1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Samsung Droid Phone is very sluggish

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by salilsurendran, Feb 15, 2012.

1. salilsurendran

salilsurendran New Member

Hello Friends,
    My phone is sometimes extremely extremely sluggish to the point that I wanna throw it out the windows. The Advanced Task Manager shows almost no apps running to kill. There are several services that are running but I don't know of any other way other to reboot the phone to kill them and then after sometime the phone becomes sluggish again. Any solutions?​

2. jbaker0321

jbaker0321 New Member

slow charge

Try the basics. Don't show animations, don't use many, if any, launchers to replace your home, messaging, keyboard,ect. Also, is your phone faster after a reboot? Try downloading Fast Reboot. It sometimes clears anywhere from 5 to 130 MB of memory that the task killer will miss.

I find Easy Task Killer to be the best. Enable auto optimize, every 30 min and at 70%

Let me know if this helps. I'm still on a thunderbolt. Awaiting my Charge in the mail, but I use those methods on most all androids.
  3. salilsurendran

salilsurendran New Member

I figured out what was making my phone slow. It is when my phone connects with the
    'GOgroove FlexSMART X2 In-Car Bluetooth Advanced FM Transmitter '

in my car. It is not slow when it connects to my motorola headset though. I was wondering as to if there are any tweaks that I can do to ease this problem?
  4. usmc.vet.smith

usmc.vet.smith New Member

I have the same transmitter in my work truck. It have never noticed sluggish responses with it.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums
  5. Comicsnut

Comicsnut New Member

Over found that ANY Go product, other than GoSMS, doesnt jive with my phone.

I loved GoLauncher, it was gorgeous...but there was no denying my phone became complete ly unstable after installing it.

My $0.02.

6. Droid101

Droid101 Member

One issue is you running a task killer. Task killers are useless due to the fact that in every build that was above froyo I believe the task manager that runs in the background became much more aggressive (which is why there were issues getting gingerbread on the OG Droid). All task killers do at this point is slow down the operating system and also cause many more issues with devices.

Hope this helps some!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
  7. nubcat01

nubcat01 New Member

@comicsnut, I am experiencing the same issue with GO launcher right now, it's freezing to the point that I have to pull the battery. I didn't want to accept that GO launcher was the culprit because I like it way better than droid charge's stock launcher. Uninstalled the GO launcher and now my phone isn't freezing or lagging anymore.

Search tags for this page

droid charge running slow

droid charge runs slow

droid charge slow

droid charge slowing down

droid charge sluggish
my droid charge is running slow

my droid charge is slow

samsung charge running slow

samsung charge runs slow
samsung charge slow