1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Samsung Droid Charge Marketing Docs Show Up at Verizon Stores

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Apr 20, 2011.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

Besides the leaked Verizon doc we reported recently, there is more evidence pointing to a soon-to-be-released Samsung Droid Charge. Additional marketing materials for the device have begun showing up at retailers. Obviously until the Droid Charge is actually released, we can't know for sure if that leaked document was real or fake, but signs like these docs, seem to point to the possibility that it was for real. What do you guys think of the Droid Charge? Is it worth grabbing, or would you rather wait for some of the other flagship phones coming out later this year?

Source: AndroidCentral
  2. CoFoltman84

CoFoltman84 New Member

Still waiting...of course my upgrade isnt until November anyways. but i'm not a fan of Samsung phones.
  3. DroidRT

DroidRT New Member

Yeah, I got my wife a Fascinate last fall. Need I say more?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  4. chuckz28

chuckz28 New Member

Is anybody actually going to even buy this device? I don't see VZW selling many of them.
  5. AstroBoy

AstroBoy New Member

As my NE2 is up on may 17th, the Charge is on my radar as possible replacement for my Storm II (which I hate BTW)

Others that I'm considering are:

Tbolt
    Bionic/Targa/Whatever it will be called
    LG Revolution
    Samsung Galaxy S2

Of those the S2 is my preferred choice

The Bionic/Targa i think will be released too far out for me to really consider it.

The Revolution looks pretty good as well.

Any thoughts as to which way is the way to go?
  6. CoFoltman84

CoFoltman84 New Member

I'm pretty sure the Targa is the X2 4G. pics of it look like the X...
  7. MarkO

MarkO New Member

Definitely a
    contender for me
  8. loki993

loki993 New Member

Really? Even at the rumored 300 dollar pricetag?
  9. Stelv

Stelv New Member

Well if you think about it there are only two 4g phones. So if someone wants a 4g phone now and doesn't like HTC Sense, this is their only choice. Again Samsung skimps on the ram. Whats the deal with that. I love my fassy, but why can't they up the ram in these very expsensive devices?
  10. loki993

loki993 New Member

I guess, bu aside from not having semse its inferior to the TB in just about every way and its 50 dollars more. Its not the phone I have a problem with its the price. Its just way too much money for that phone. Id just wait. Though I also think the TB is too much for what it is too.
  11. Stelv

Stelv New Member

Yes I agree. I think both the TB and Charge are old technologies and I hope VZW comes out with something better this summer. T-mobile and At&t already have dual core phones.
  12. AstroBoy

AstroBoy New Member

For me the price is an issue, but as I'm more likely to buy it at Costco, Amazon or Wirefly the cost is likely going to be much less than $300

The fact that Samsung has already released the source code for the Charge is a big plus IMO. It seems like they want to be developer friendly and are more concerned about the flack they received over the lack of updates to prior phones.
  13. Ohyea!

Ohyea! Member

Never ever want another Samsung phone. That piece of crap Omnia I had was enough. I'm just patiently waiting til Nov when my contract is up. If Gingerbread ever gets released for the Droid X, the wait will be a lot more bearable.
  14. Suuperflie

Suuperflie New Member

I'm sporting an lg versa.....yeah, that's right. Not even a smart phone. A device who's EOL was not even a year after it was release. If I can wait, anyone can wait!! My wife is so tired of me obsessing over my next phone. I'll be purchasing a used OG Droid very very soon to tide me over until Targa/Bionic or something else more up-to-date is released.
  15. loki993

loki993 New Member

I have a Blackberry Bold, not a terrible phone I guess I'm just tired of it. I'm tired of it talking forever to load a simple webpage. I thought OS6 would help the browsing and it did a little, but not enough. I was going to get a TB actually, but I decided to wait and see what the ionic was like before I got something, there was also that price issue. So I picked up a D2 and that should be able to occupy me until the end of the year I think.
  16. bendystrawboy

bendystrawboy New Member

Att and tmo have dual core 3g phones, not dual core 4g phones.

Please don't be foolish enough to believe tmobiles ad campaign.

If moto dumped the lte radio and released the bionic I'm sure a few people would go for it.
  17. Stelv

Stelv New Member

Yea I guess vzw has faster 4g. But att isnt bad. There 4g is like 6mbs and the dual core atrix has 4g. I just want to know why verizon hasn't had these chips put in their phones yet. Or upped the ram to 1g at least.

Sent from my fascinate
  18. loki993

loki993 New Member

Yeah. Personally I think Verizon kinda dropped the ball on the whole 4g thing. I kinda find it unacceptable that they didnt at least have one 4G phone avaliable at the launch. I know people will say they wanted to test and make sure everything was working and all that, but its not this was out of the blue. They knew it was coming. They could have had a phone if they wanted to.
  19. MarkO

MarkO New Member

$300 is a bit steep for a single core phone, $200 seems a little more reasonable.
  20. Stelv

Stelv New Member

$300 is too expensive for a phone that has lower specs than the TB. I am going to check out wirefly when it decide to get a new phone. Has anyone here used wirefly, what are the pros and cons?