Samsung Denies Involvement in 'Wake Up' Flash-mob Ad Campaign in Australia

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
apple_store_wake-up-samsung-denies.jpg

In an interesting twist of events, there are now reports that the "Wake Up" flash-mob/protestors ad campaign that we reported on yesterday, may not have been sponsored by Samsung at all. In fact, a spokesperson from Samsung came forward today denying that Samsung had any involvement in the incident. Yesterday, pretty much every news media outlet all came to the same conclusion that this was part of Samsung's viral ad campaign to try and draw customer's away from Apple. In many ways it makes sense that people came to the conclusion that it was a Samsung viral ad campaign; however, you know what happens when you "assume" something. It can sometimes bite you and me on the rear-end.

Ultimately, it's hard to say who was the original publication to jump to that conclusion and get the whole mess rolling, but regardless, now the question remains... if Samsung didn't sponsor it, then who did? Could it have been some human rights organization dedicated to fight against the perceived problems at Apple's Foxconn plants? Could it be a different rival, like HTC or perhaps another Asian phone manufacturer? Could it still be Samsung, but because they used a third party advertising firm, they now have "plausible deniability"? Share your ideas.

Source: SlashGear

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
So... people just assumed it was Samsung? There was no actual evidence to support it?

Wow! Poor Samsung. I thought there was actual confirmation it was them.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
So... people just assumed it was Samsung? There was no actual evidence to support it?

Ditto. It didn't bother me if it was Samsung as marketing comes in all shapes and sizes, but the person that started it should appologize in some matter.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Yeah... we thought there was actual confirmation as well, but apparently there wasn't. Sometimes it's challenging to find reliable and trustworthy info out there. That's why we always like to follow-up on stuff as much as we can, just in case "reality shifts" on us. :)