Samsung Debunks Rumor that Galaxy S II Will be Delayed; Still Unsure On CPU Upgrade

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung-galaxy-s2-debunked.jpg

Samsung has come forward and debunked the rumor we reported earlier in the week that the Galaxy S II would be delayed. They haven't confirmed the exact date it will launch, but they did indicate that it would be this month. They also didn't confirm (or deny) whether the CPU upgrade to 1.2GHz rumor was true. I suppose we will see soon enough...

Source: BGR via Samsung Electronics - Twitter Post

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
What U.S. carriers are getting this phone?

I've been doing casual internet searches, but I can't seem to get a decent answer.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
It will come. Fascinate aka Galaxy S is EOL. Remember the Charge is part of the Droid line-up now. Whole other animal.

Fascinate is going to be replaced by the Galaxy SII. Question is what will they call it. They are not going to drop it off their line-up that would not make sense.

It will be here trust me : )

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
Yeah it shouldn't be a surprise that it's coming out for Tmobile first. They have to make up for the vibrant failure.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
It will come. Fascinate aka Galaxy S is EOL. Remember the Charge is part of the Droid line-up now. Whole other animal.

Fascinate is going to be replaced by the Galaxy SII. Question is what will they call it. They are not going to drop it off their line-up that would not make sense.

You'd better be right, I don't want to have to make a road trip to LA. :rofl2:

hoppermi

Reaction score
It will come to Verizon, but its anyones guess when. I would be shocked if it came in May, like rumored. The CDMA Galaxy S phones were the last to release. Hopefully, by this time next year, LTE will have enough global support for it to make financial sense for manufacturers to release to Verizon concurrently w/ the other carriers. Maybe we could get the next developer phone. One can dream....:)

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

You'd better be right, I don't want to have to make a road trip to LA. :rofl2:
I'm right but you should take a roadtrip here anyhow : )

silentbob343

Reaction score

Will it be covered in BING?

DaPoets

Reaction score
It looks way too much like an iPhone which makes me sick to my stomach...