Samsung Dealt 3 Blows in Apple Case: Banned in Australia, Looks Bad in U.S. & More

mrZoSo

Reaction score
I was using 'losing profits' very loosely. Maybe I should have said, they're seeing a lot of money not being spent on there products.

UNC

Reaction score
You guys are using the whole "rectangle" thing as a straw-man argument. The physical design may be one part (and possibly the weakest part) of why Apple is in this battle with Samsung, but obviously TouchWiz is the real issue. If Samsung would just release the products with vanilla Android instead of TouchWiz they might be in the clear.

But hey, let's just let these billion dollar companies battle, at least they are paying some taxes to the courts!

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I do wonder if Apple kind of got caught sleeping in smartphones - they had dispatched numerous contenders there and on the IPods - and is now getting very aggressive trying to defend the tablet space. . Of course, it may take many years yet but aside from becoming a patent troll, MS is the elephant that may be put out to pasture if they don't get a significant stakehold in the smartphone/tablet market because it's only a matter of time when the 3 markets merge into 1 device, I think.

Ultimately it doesn't matter. You can commoditize the markets - and eventually it will be - and Apple will still make a lot of money than everyone else. Just look at the Mac - basically the same components and really offers 90% of the market very little vs. the PC yet sells for hundreds more.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I sort of hope they have a firesale with the glaxy tab over this but I doubt it :frown:.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
You guys are using the whole "rectangle" thing as a straw-man argument. The physical design may be one part (and possibly the weakest part) of why Apple is in this battle with Samsung, but obviously TouchWiz is the real issue. If Samsung would just release the products with vanilla Android instead of TouchWiz they might be in the clear.

But hey, let's just let these billion dollar companies battle, at least they are paying some taxes to the courts!

They probably wouldn't even have to take off TouchWhiz... If this is just over how the interface "looks", all they have to do is create a different "theme" and ship the phone with that. You can always install whatever themes and icon packs you want later, including one that has all Apple iPhone icons. They wouldn't have to change the menues and features of Touchwiz, if it's just about looks, all they have to do is pick another theme and push it to the phones, problem solved.

sajgel

Reaction score
I think it is a bunch of BS. Samsung should just stop building anything for apple.

sb1831

Reaction score
It's funny how everyone gets up in arms about someone making changes to and rebranding a ROM as their own without giving credit to the source but everyone is OK with one company blatantly ripping off another's form factor and potentially their IP as well

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's funny how everyone gets up in arms about someone making changes to and rebranding a ROM as their own without giving credit to the source but everyone is OK with one company blatantly ripping off another's form factor and potentially their IP as well

Ha so true

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
I think it is a bunch of BS. Samsung should just stop building anything for apple.

From what I remember, that relationship was severed just before all of the litigation kicked into high gear.

UNC

Reaction score

This x1000.
Remember Blackdroid v. Cyanogen? (Kang-gate)

The truth is that Apple could devise a cure for cancer and some people would try to find a way to bash them, no one seems to be able to admit that TouchWiz is a blatant rip-off, and no one seems to give them the credit they deserve. Hell, Mr. Jobs seemed like public enemy #1 for a ton of people.... That is, until he died.