Samsung Could Launch the Galaxy S7 as Early as February [Rumor]

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung-galaxy-s7-rumors.jpg

Here's an odd rumor for Samsung fans. Supposedly, Sammy is already nearing the end phase of development on the new Galaxy S7 flagship. Because they are so far ahead of schedule, they plan to reveal it in January and launch it in February. That would be a super-accelerated timetable, so take this with a grain of salt. Still, we have seen rumors and leaks of Galaxy S7 prototypes already in testing, so it is not too crazy of a notion.

The leaks suggest the phone will have a Snapdragon 820 and 3-4GB of RAM, making for an ultra-powerful new device to start out the new year. If it proves true, it would mean Sammy is trying to change things up to get 4-5 months ahead of the pack. That might not be a bad strategy shift. What do you folks think?

Here's our dedicated section for additional discussions on the fast approaching device: Samsung Galaxy S7 | Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Source: Galaxy S7 release date may come in early February, source says

Reactions: cr6

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Wow....not sure how I feel about this one. Part of me is super excited for a February release, but another part of me would much rather see them wait and release it during their normal Spring release date, ensuring a quality bug free device.
Guess we'll see how it plays out....

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
I wish they would release them all at the same time. The S7, S7 Edge, Note 6, Note 6 Plus all at once.
I agree. I just got my Note 5 about a month ago. I guess with the new news a Note 5 Edge is a no go. lol. I will keep this one till they bring back MicroSD at least

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I don't like it. I personally think that Samsung is rushing themselves into pushing out new products. The s6 hasn't been as big of a hit as they wanted (last I heard anyway) and now there's talks of an s7? All seems rushed to me and that more than likely means alot of fixes for the next s7, should it release that soon.

I personally find these annual upgrades pretty unnecessary already, now they want to get ahead 4-5mo.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Couldn't agree more with @dezymond. With the exception of some hardcore people like we have here on the forums, most users aren't upgrading every year. I firmly believe that's why Sammy is seeing a "decline" in sales. They've saturated the market and sold a bunch of devices to people who have no intention of upgrading until they can't stand how slow their device has gotten in a few years.

The answer isn't to push out more incremental upgrades, even faster. The answer is to hold back and make BIGGER upgrades less often. I wish them the best of luck, but I think this is a terrible mistake if they go through with it.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I agree. The one thing you can count on, (with Sammy at least) is that you can always bank on a noticeable improvement with their devices "every two years".
While each years Galaxy S & Note series has been an improvement over the previous model, it is MUCH more pronounced when you step up every two, which is why I've always waited. This is also why I have high hopes for the 7. The S6 was a great device, but the S7 is where they'll truly shine. It happened with the S2 and the S4....both of which were great devices btw..... but, (in my experience at least), it's always been the two year mark where Sammy raises the bar and really gets people interested again.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Seems like a bunch of speculation to me. After the Note Series is released the talk of the next S-Series phone always ramps up.

However, Samsung has had some breakthroughs in their technologies recently and have had time to polish the fabrication processes. Maybe they are just getting to a point where they aren't being slowed down by it anymore.

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
You guys know I am a Samsung fan girl...LOL...I am interested to see what they are going to put out with the S7 but not enough to change again. I can honestly say I am happy enough with Edge+ to hold on to it for a good long time.
I do agree that they are rushing things. One release a year IMO is good enough.

from my sexy edge+

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
I hope it is because they realized the mistakes they made with the current crop when they decided to be Apple instead of Samsung. Perhaps now that they put in a non-replaceable battery we will see that they made it to last only a year ;). I have a S 8.4 tablet which came with 16gb and has very little installed and it has run out of memory mostly due to the damn uninstallable stuff and others that can not be moved to the SD card(which no longer exists in newer models. You would think that going with 4gb internal would be a good solution but I see it as a way for them to add more junk. I love my note 4 but the memory in the tablet has changed that love. BTW The tablet was upgraded to 5.0.2 but note 4 still on 5.0.1, wonder why.