1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Samsung Continuum Launches for $199

Discussion in 'Android News' started by danDroid, Nov 7, 2010.

1. danDroid

danDroid Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Just days away from the dual screen Samsung Continuum Phone launch and new details have leaked to confirm the $199 pricetag. November 11th is still the expected release date and price-wise this phone will fall inline with the pricing of the big boys. The full retail / off-contract price is set to $579.99, 2 year contract pricing is $299.99, 1 year contract pricing is $369.99. There will be a $100 rebate offered in addition to the contract pricing that will drop the end pricing down to $199/2 Year and $269 for 1 year. We should get the official announcement from Samsung and Verizon tomorrow so stay tuned! While the phone as some cool features, the price tag and Android 2.1 might be a show stopper for most.

Anyone have this phone on their xmas list?

Source: AndroidCentral.com
  2. DanielC

DanielC New Member

The lack of interest in this thread speaks for itself. Cool idea, terrible execution.
  3. danDroid

danDroid Administrator Staff Member

lol, ya.. I think it might be priced out of it's category.
  4. Quicksilver7714

Quicksilver7714 Super Moderator Premium Member

I think that the ticket screen is just dumb. I have widgets that can do the same thing, stocks, weather and news. What more does it offer that I would want? Even if it could display text messages I need to use the big screen to respond to them. Well see how this one pans out.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  5. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

It's mentioned as a 'ticker' screen, but all I see it as is advertising space... ads that are ALWAYS there.
  6. Quicksilver7714

Quicksilver7714 Super Moderator Premium Member

That's even dumber. I meant to say ticker but the built in dictionary on the system put ticket. Haha o well.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  7. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

I'm just guessing... and I knew exactly what you meant :)
  8. EgooEspada

EgooEspada New Member

Can't agree really. This thing is spec'd the same as the Fascinate, except it has the "ticker" and the main display is a 3.4" Super Amoled instead of 4".