Samsung Continues Their 'NoteMyDay' Series of Video Ads to Promote the Galaxy Note 4

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Samsung is making a run of it with their new "Note My Day" ad campaign. The mini-series of commercials features a couple of social media folks named Rudy Mancuso and Shaun “Shonduras” McBride. We shared three of the videos last week, but now we have a couple more.

Along with those two videos, Sammy also released a few holiday themed commercials for our viewing pleasure. Some of these vids are pretty funny, while some are just mediocre. They will fill out a few minutes at the end of your day, so they have some intrinsic value. Enjoy!

One video is shown above, and all five of the others are in the thread below.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here are the rest of those Galaxy Note 4 commercials:

Rognish

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
rognish
maybe it's just me and i try and by pass most commercials on my DVR and the only time i see them is when they are posted on sites.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
maybe it's just me and i try and by pass most commercials on my DVR and the only time i see them is when they are posted on sites.
I'm with ya there. Only time I don't skip commercials is when I've got something to do in another room for a few minutes. I'll let them run while I take care of business elsewhere. I even rewind live tv (Dish) a few minutes after a show starts so I can skip the some.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm with ya there. Only time I don't skip commercials is when I've got something to do in another room for a few minutes. I'll let them run while I take care of business elsewhere. I even rewind live tv (Dish) a few minutes after a show starts so I can skip the some.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4
Rather than rewind, I like to turn it on and pause it if I'm going to watch something "live" and go do something else for 10+ minutes so I can fast forward. However, it's pretty rare that I watch anything live these days. DVR is just too convenient.

So, like you guys, I only see commercials on sites like this or at the beginning of youtube videos.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I'm not a television watcher so I have to see any ads online. The few channels that get used can't justify me paying the extra every month for DVR features. My box has it, but they told us not to use the features since we aren't paying for it. My television does it sometimes on accident through a mysterious action of its remote control. We still haven't figured it out.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I just try really hard not to think about how much we pay each month versus the number of channels I actually use.

I have specifically paid the extra money each month for the HD DVR even when I had the most very basic package because I was working 2nd shift when I first decided to get cable (I tried every digital antenna I could buy from Wal-Mart and couldn't get 1 OTA channel in my apartment), so I was hardly ever home during prime time.

Now, I've been working days for a few years, but we keep busy enough in the evenings for me to still justify it and/or I watch shows with the lady and the boy before he goes to bed and catch up on my own after if we don't have shows that we watch together once he's asleep.

Yes, we have 2 DVR boxes. We each had one before I moved in and Charter has since gone all digital, so a box is required for every tv anyway.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Do they still sell stand alone dvrs on the market?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Do they still sell stand alone dvrs on the market?
According to my Google search just now, TiVo still exists. And they have a TiVo mini that lets you expand the experience to any TV in the house apparently...

I gotta wonder, at this point, now that you HAVE to have a box on each TV, if you'd still have to pay for even the basic converter box for at least one TV every month in addition to purchasing a TiVo and a mini box or two...

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
According to my Google search just now, TiVo still exists. And they have a TiVo mini that lets you expand the experience to any TV in the house apparently...

I gotta wonder, at this point, now that you HAVE to have a box on each TV, if you'd still have to pay for even the basic converter box for at least one TV every month in addition to purchasing a TiVo and a mini box or two...
If it's like when comcast went all digital here, they encrypt the signal so only their boxes work I it and a box is required. That's why I left. To do what they started requiring and get the same channels (due to packaging changes) my cable bill went from $60 a month to $120 a month. And that didn't include dvr or any other fancy gadgets. When I called to find out how to cancel lady asked why,I said why, she literally said "I don't blame you. That's just wrong".

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Not to thread-jack this one further, but that doesn't surprise me at all. We've got internet and TV and our bill is over $150/month. However, I probably shouldn't complain since they more than doubled our speeds during the transition to digital and we haven't seen an increase from that yet.