Samsung Confirms Galaxy SIII Coming to Five Major U.S. Carriers This Month

jfriend33

Reaction score
As the release of the Samsung Galaxy SIII looms, I am wondering what events will take place. Do you think big red will officially roll out the the new data plans before launch? I doubt it.

When the S3 is released this month presumably before the new data plans roll out, will I be able to keep my grandfathered unlimited plan?

npro1464

Reaction score
Damn, you just beat me to this. I was just getting ready to post this Samsung Galaxy SIII - 4G LTE Smartphone | Verizon Wireless

I have a upgrade on one of my lines on 6/28/12, what to do, what to do?

I would call up VZ, and keep trying new reps and speaking to managers. I'm sure they'll let you upgrade early. Either way, I think we'll see the switch sometime in July or August. Just my hunch though, take it FWIW!

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I honestly don't know if I want this, I mean... I WANT it of course but... I kinda want something with a keyboard, problem is I don't want the D4 and I don't want another moto device, I'm tired of moto and it's BS.

I wonder if we will get any phones with the tegra 3 cause that looks amazing, still... I want a keyboard with at least a 4.3" screen... I'm definitely going to play with this when it comes out and decide I've got an upgrade coming very very soon. one on a line that doesn't have data... so thankfully I won't have to worry about losing my unlimited :biggrin: in your face VZW

HavoC

Reaction score
Anyone know if this will have an unlocked bootloader? I plan on getting this with my upgrade as my final phone I get on contract before the whole unlimited data is gone situation occurs, we but if it has a locked bootloader I may get a galaxy nexus instead.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

mgrande

Reaction score
My upgrade is at the end of the month. Might have to try the maxx for 13 days, then return it and try the s3 for a while and see which one I like best. You can do that right? If it doesn't get better battery life than my x I wont keep it. Is there a set date for the maxx to get ics yet?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

TatDroid

Reaction score
mgrande said:
My upgrade is at the end of the month. Might have to try the maxx for 13 days, then return it and try the s3 for a while and see which one I like best. You can do that right?

Yeah, I think you can do that. BUT, if you then return the S3 I don't think they'll let you go back to the Maxx.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yeah, I think you can do that. BUT, if you then return the S3 I don't think they'll let you go back to the Maxx.

They might, but each time you'll have to pay a restocking fee, 30$ isn't it?

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

mgrande

Reaction score
Well I might not do that, I doubt the s3 will have comparable battery life to the maxx. Ill just have to wait for the fighter I guess.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2