Samsung Confirms Galaxy SIII Coming to Five Major U.S. Carriers This Month

Edognights

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
galaxysiiiconfirmed.jpg

In a press release sent out late Sunday night, Samsung has confirmed that their Galaxy SIII will arrive on U.S. carriers this month. The highly anticipated device will launch on five major U.S. carriers including Verizon, Sprint, AT&T, T-Mobile, and U.S Cellular. Samsung also confirmed specifications of the U.S. variant, which include:

- 2GB Internal Ram
- Snapdragon S4 1.5Ghz Dual Core
- 4.8" HD Super AMOLED display with Gorilla Glass 2
- 2100mAh battery
- 16GB or 32GB of onboard storage expandable via microSD

The U.S. Galaxy SIII will also include S-Beam, S-Voice, Smart Stay, Popup Play, and advanced camera features such as Burst Shot and Best Shot that were showcased on European variants. The phone is expected to cost $199 for new contracts and eligible upgrades, but solid pricing has yet to be announced by individual carriers. Check out Samsung's full press release here and let us know what you think in the forums.

Source: Phandroid

nikecar

Reaction score
Beat me to it, was coming now to post the same thing.

Sent from someplace, and with something that you need not worry about.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
snapdragon? hmm

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Glad they're launching these earlier. Better then the GS & GS2 American launch which launched months after the original version.

npro1464

Reaction score
Looks like itll be before the grandfathered data switch, since we havent heard anything since they mentioned it.

Caesars

Reaction score
Awesome find ;)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

TatDroid

Reaction score
npro1464 said:
Looks like itll be before the grandfathered data switch, since we havent heard anything since they mentioned it.

I'm not so sure about that. I hope you're right, though...

Caesars

Reaction score
Damn you just beat me to this. I was just getting ready to post this Samsung Galaxy SIII - 4G LTE Smartphone | Verizon Wireless

I have a upgrade on one of my lines on 6/28/12, what to do, what to do?

I would say get the s3 :)

I formerly had two phones all the time and I hated it lol, however thinking about having a maxx and a s3 "just because" is so tempting. I just graduated however and don't have a job yet, BUT when i do have employment I could see myself needing a new "house phone" lolololol.

bp328i

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I would say get the s3 :)

I formerly had two phones all the time and I hated it lol, however thinking about having a maxx and a s3 "just because" is so tempting. I just graduated however and don't have a job yet, BUT when i do have employment I could see myself needing a new "house phone" lolololol.

Last two phones I picked up was on launch day (Thunderbolt and now the Galaxy Nexus) but I think my upgrade not being ready till 6/28 could be a good thing. It makes me wait till they get the blue one in.

huehuehue

Reaction score
Last two phones I picked up was on launch day (Thunderbolt and now the Galaxy Nexus) but I think my upgrade not being ready till 6/28 could be a good thing. It makes me wait till they get the blue one in.

are we sure they wont be releasing the blue and white version at the same time?

I know there was a recall on the blue phones last month but I'm sure they would have that issue fixed by the time the US release is available?

bp328i

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
are we sure they wont be releasing the blue and white version at the same time?

I know there was a recall on the blue phones last month but I'm sure they would have that issue fixed by the time the US release is available?

Good point, I forgot, the US launch is after the rest of the world. They might have blue ones ready.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
My upgrade has been ready since mid March and I will be pre-ordering the 16 gig phone as I have a 32gig SD card handy. But WOW....$199 for a brand new flagship LTE phone, I'm shocked. I was expecting $299 and have that put away already. I may spring for the 32gig model for the hell of it or at least buy a dock or something. My DroidX is in rough shape and the SIII could come sooner, but I guess I will have to wait. I'll probably get the blue phone as I'm not a fan of white phones, but I'll take whichever is available as cases are always an option. So stoked right now!