Samsung Confirms Canadian Galaxy S3 Coming June 20th with 2GB of RAM & Dual-Core S4

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, May 31, 2012.

1. npro1464

npro1464 Member

Ratings:
    +8
    They wanted to use their quad core processor and had the means to do it for 3g. Also, its not really about us in the states. The GS3 is already the most preordered phone with only dropping in Europe, with carriers being restrictive and a PITA companies are focusing on better international phones, and i dont blame them. Why should Samsung have to argue whether or not Lets Golf 2 should be removeable or not on their phone or if "VERIZON" should be slapped in the face of their phone? Focus on the international markets, the US is secondary.

2. pwrdbykyank

pwrdbykyank Active Member

Ratings:
    +40
    Why should US be secondary? that sucks. Its been made that way cuz everyone (corporations) are so cheap now a days cant spend a extra penny on nothing. I had the samsung galaxy s3 4 days ago and i played with it, it was by far the best phone i have ever used. So smooth, touch was awsome i couldnt find any flaw in it. Only reason i sold it is because i have verizon and i couldnt use it when i want 4g lte, i had to use my girlfriends att sim. And that pisses me off because it was so smooth and perfect, i dont want to go to a dual core version of it for verizon which would most probably heat up all the time since the cpu is being pushed to its limits just to equal the quad core, plus all those voltage crap. Agh! lol. This phone after using it for 20 min did not even show signs of heating up

3. socalsx

socalsx Member

Ratings:
    +1
    This is not the case. The S4 will absolutely be more battery efficient due to core architecture (a15)..the exynos is an older carb V8 and the S4 is a turbo direct injected 4cylinder. They probably make close to the same power but the 4cylinder is more efficient and weighs less :p But I agree that quad-core will be a bit more future proof

4. npro1464

npro1464 Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Well you could have kept it and went on AT&T's network and gotten HSPA+. Honestly, I don't think we'll see much of a difference. I'm looking forward to this phone. If it drops here before unlimited data, I'll probably stay. If not, I'll weigh my options with Verizon vs. Sprint or go with a prepaid GSM.

5. 52brandon

52brandon Active Member

Ratings:
    +19
    fixed

and agreed with that sentiment. I do like the idea of 2GB of RAM though. It may not make a big difference today, but that's because apps aren't developed with that even being an option

6. BJPalmer85

BJPalmer85 Member

Ratings:
    +6
    ok see i didnt know that.

why use out dated cores? if there are better cores available why not just strap those in there?

I love that they named it Krait!! which phones care it?

i always forget about HTC. I dont have much love for the phones but only because ive never had any luck with them.

B

7. socalsx

socalsx Member

Ratings:
    +1
    The A15 cores are new. the time that sammy has been developing the SGS3, the tech probably wasnt available in order to launch the phone now.

Im pretty excited to pick up one of these bad boys June 20th (hopefully).. Im not due for an upgrade but I think I might threaten to jump ship if they dont upgrade me as ive heard a lot of leeway going on for those upgrading 3g>4g phones..

Search tags for this page

galaxy s3 dual core battery life

s4 burst shot isn't working

tab with 2gb ram &dualcore processor