Samsung Commercial 3: More Humourous 'Poking Fun' at Apple's iPhone

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;Ls_nPlXcyBQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Ls_nPlXcyBQ[/video]​

Samsung has another follow-up commercial in their funny SGS2 series that likes to 'gently poke fun' at the "Big iFruit." In this one, a friend of several iSheep shows up and shatters their delusions about how their product does things that no one else can. Of course, we know that most Android devices do far more than what they are waiting in line for...

Source: PhoneArena

Last edited:

smokiedabong

Reaction score
Haha , joke on you cause you can't buy an awesome device like Galaxy S2 , you are using Verizon

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
First ad was ok. Now they continue to pick on the competition. Shows poor marketing, you are not gonna turn an iphone fanboy or girl, just like you can't turn a android fanboy or girl. Why dont you advertise to your fanbase an really show off your phone, instead of trying to attack the competition..

smokiedabong

Reaction score
Probably they are pissed off cause Apple blocked their sales in E.U. with their patent suits.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Probably they are pissed off cause Apple blocked their sales in E.U. with their patent suits.

Maybe but it's funny and makes a good advert.

I have teased a friend a work with some of the same issues. He got a iphone a few weeks ago, not the new 4s, but three older version. What a dope, kept prancing around telling anyone who would listen he now had the best phone ever.

"I finally finished up with that it wasn't even 4g!"

"What! Of course out is!" He got do mad,

"Apple doesn't make a 4g phone." I helpfully told him. He was so freaked he spent the next half hour checking the computer and mumbling.

The next day I hung the specs and the download speeds on his work order hook!

I'm do bad!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
First ad was ok. Now they continue to pick on the competition. Shows poor marketing, you are not gonna turn an iphone fanboy or girl, just like you can't turn a android fanboy or girl. Why dont you advertise to your fanbase an really show off your phone, instead of trying to attack the competition..

Umm, they aren't really targeting fanboys on either side, that's a lost cause and/or unnecessary. They are actually doing a pretty decent job of emphasizing some value-added features, which DOES make a difference for a lot of people who will go and buy an IPhone because it's about the only smartphone they've heard of.

Not incredibly effective commercials, but far superior to most of the Android commercials I've seen. These at least tell you something about the product and highlight some key areas of differentiation.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
The most subtle humor in these spots is how all the IPhone fanboys initially think it's the new IPhone! At least Samsung isn't taking themselves too seriously, although don't be surprised if Apple doesn't try to use these commercials in court to show even Samsung acknowledges the similarities.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
I like the line, "It's not always about design." He, he, he,

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score

How many years did we have to sit through the "PC guy versus Mac guy" ads?

Samsung is on a roll with these, I hope they keep making them, and keep driving the point home that Apple needs to change their slogan to:

"Apple. Yesterday's technology, tomorrow."