pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
And if they don't fix the bugs Engadget mentions in that article it won't be worth it. Sounds awful right now.
Google says the bugs will be quashed. How did it get pre released so buggy?

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
I've bought my wife Asus chromebook C201 11" for $134. It's fast and lightweight but definitely not windows pc. Tricky part was printing from it to wifi printer. Had to install Google cloud print on home pc in order to create cloud printer in chromebook.

Takes a bit getting used to but if all you want to do is browse Internet or stream videos it's not bad. Definitely not worth more then $200 as it lack way too many features of Windows OS.

If you never used one and plan on buying one, get it from reputable vendor with easy return policy.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
And if they don't fix the bugs Engadget mentions in that article it won't be worth it. Sounds awful right now.
Google says the bugs will be quashed. How did it get pre released so buggy?

That's a Google thing and has nothing to do with the hardware...

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I must be missing your point. Who cares how good the hardware is if it doesn't run?

Oh.. is that your point.. The hardware doesn't run.. Must have missed that in the article..

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Point; why would they release it so buggy for review to the press? Android apps barely usable?
"Here, review this. Its kinda broken, but it will be fixed later...."

Wtf

Last edited:
OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yeah I see what both of you are getting at.

Jeffrey you are right the plus seems like and probably is the best option. The potential is awesome. But as Pierre and other reviewers are saying the current build ("channel") is buggy as can be. The issue is Google had a year almost to get this right and people have been anticipating this. I on several occasions thought this could give Mac and Windows a run for their money, and that could still very well be the case. But knowing what is at stake and having Samsung build a device that could truly show off the new chrome OS with apps, why not have your stuff together (Google) knowing reviewers would be reviewing this device?

Why is it that buggy?

We not talking about an occasional glitch here or there, we talking about full on bugs that hinders the value. And could be as epic as honeycomb on the Asus transformer.

Hopes are that Google would have the bugs fixed by April, which probably means June. I will be buying this device but I am no longer rushing to the shelves. And I can no longer recommend this to non tech people who are looking for a stable device.

So I agree with Pierre, we have the hardware in the Samsung plus and pro to protentially become the device we all wanted and yet Google was not able to get their software ready in time to put this on full display.

Epic failure....., Only saving grace is that not many outside the tech head bubble was anticipating this. So Samsung and Google will have time to get this right in time for a strong full commercial push in late spring.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Point; why would they release it so buggy for review to the press? Android apps barely usable?
"Here, review this. Its kinda broken, but it will be fixed later...."

Wtf

Never said I disagree.. It is what it is and Sammy will sell a ton of them..

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Yeah I see what both of you are getting at.

Jeffrey you are right the plus seems like and probably is the best option. The potential is awesome. But as Pierre and other reviewers are saying the current build ("channel") is buggy as can be. The issue is Google had a year almost to get this right and people have been anticipating this. I on several occasions thought this could give Mac and Windows a run for their money, and that could still very well be the case. But knowing what is at stake and having Samsung build a device that could truly show off the new chrome OS with apps, why not have your stuff together (Google) knowing reviewers would be reviewing this device?

Why is it that buggy?

We not talking about an occasional glitch here or there, we talking about full on bugs that hinders the value. And could be as epic as honeycomb on the Asus transformer.

Hopes are that Google would have the bugs fixed by April, which probably means June. I will be buying this device but I am no longer rushing to the shelves. And I can no longer recommend this to non tech people who are looking for a stable device.

So I agree with Pierre, we have the hardware in the Samsung plus and pro to protentially become the device we all wanted and yet Google was not able to get their software ready in time to put this on full display.

Epic failure....., Only saving grace is that not many outside the tech head bubble was anticipating this. So Samsung and Google will have time to get this right in time for a strong full commercial push in late spring.

The Plus will launch tomorrow. Google doesn't have too much time left to do the fix unless it is done and waiting download.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The Plus will launch tomorrow. Google doesn't have too much time left to do the fix unless it is done and waiting download.
Correct.

But their pro is not due to launch until April when "hopefully the bugs will get fixed".

As far as selling a ton. Well hopefully for Samsung and Google only the patient tech heads buy them up or they are able to expedite the fixes. If not I anticipate a blood bath of complaints and reviews that could hurt Samsung more than Google here. Coming off the note I thought this would be the device that could help people forget but if it remains buggy this could hurt.

But I don't think it is a coincidence we saw few advertising of the product. But when they get out of beta (because technically it is still a chrome beta channel that Google apps are running on) and they are able to fix all the bugs, I am betting we will then see a bunch of ads for this thing. Because it has a lot of potential.