1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Samsung Charge, After reboot no service

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by josun1020, Jul 6, 2011.

1. josun1020

josun1020 New Member

Hey Guys,
    I'm totally new to this phone. After I activated it, I did the one-click reboot. However, after the reboot was finished, I just don't get any service anymore!

HELP ME! I don't know what to do!
  2. brad92

brad92 New Member

Welcome to the site.

Do you have voice signal atleast, or do you have nothing at all? You can try dialing *228 and reactivating. You might need to wipe data if that doesn't work

sent from my ApeX
  3. josun1020

josun1020 New Member

I get data and text sometimes.. but I don't get calling signals at all.
  4. averagejane

averagejane New Member

I have the same issue. Going on 24 hrs with no cell service after activating Charge. Verizon is useless. I have taken out batt/sim, reset to factory, talked to a million tech reps and all they can do is say wait up to 72 hrs for a network rep to get back to me. Expensive phone is useless as phone but makes great mini online device. Dang!
  5. Droid Firefighter

Droid Firefighter New Member

Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
    Return them to the store for warranty replacement. After they've given away a few thousand dollars of replacement phones a solution will come quickly. Also ask for billing credit for the lack of use of the phone.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums
  6. averagejane

averagejane New Member

Great idea but can I do that if I got the phone from a VZW phone rep? I have a store nearby but they wouldn't upgrade my phone only a phone rep or online would.......stupid but true.
  7. Droid Firefighter

Droid Firefighter New Member

Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
    Wouldn't hurt to try it.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums
  8. TisMyDroid

TisMyDroid New Member

Yes, if you are without service, they should credit you for the days you were without service.

I would go to a verizon store and have them activate it for you. Their techs should be able to do it easily and satisfactorily. It won't matter to them where you got the phone. It is verizon service and a verizon phone... That is all that masters to them. It could be a bad sim card, in which case they will just put a new one in for free.

I ordered my charge from costco. It came without a sim card. I took it to my verizon store. They put in a sim card and activated it, all for free.

If they can't get it activated with a new sim card then they may even switch it out for another charge that works.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums
  9. averagejane

averagejane New Member

Thanks for the replies. Took Charge to VZW store and after an hour and a half they figured out the phone was actually defective. So now I have phone service. I am suppose to be in a 4g area but the phone is only getting 3g service....but at least it works.
  10. Errant33

Errant33 New Member

I fixed this today after having it happen to me. I have a G Nexus and a Charge so it was a bit easier to troubleshoot for me. I started in NY, landed in chicago, and the phone was still working took 3-4 business calls on it. 2 hours later I shut it back off to take my connecting flight, when I landed no service and occasionally I would see data signal come up but never VOICE. The fix was fairly simple I went into mobile network select disabled LTE so it was CDMA only and reselected Automatic after selecting home only to make sure it changed the settings. Almost instantly voice signal came back, it appears to be a issue with the 3g Hybrid network and 4g. I cant go back to 4g in this area without having issues on my charge only. The G Nexus is working perfectly and actually has way better signal then my charge here. This is reverse of the normal I see were the charge has a 5-20% stronger signal in most places. My signal is based on DB not on the amount of bars. Hope this helps guys.
Search tags for this page
android charge saying i have no service
android no service after reboot
droid charge has no service
droid charge new sim no service

droid charge no service

droid charge not getting service
hard reset samsung samsung sch-i510 charge phone is not responding
how to activate verizon 4g lte samsung sch-1510 with no sim
my droid charge is saying i have no service
no service after u reboot it
no service on my samsung charge