Samsung Captivate SMS Popup

zebrasheep

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I'm new here, and just got my phone today. I'm no tech noob, and can usually work out any issue I have on my own, but I'm stuck on this one.

When I receive a text, it will make the usual sound, vibrate, and also a popup will appear with a line from the message and then after this disappears, an envelope stays to let me know I have a message. I just want to get rid of the blurb from the message that appears. If I'm showing someone my phone, I don't want them to catch an inappropriate line of text from a message or something like that. Now the only option that I have seen so far is to disable notifications all together. When I do that, it doesn't tell me I have a message at all until I go to the message box and see it. I still want it to ring and vibrate and show the envelope, but I just don't want the pop up to happen.

Is there anyway to do this? I don't have any additional messaging apps installed on this phone, just what came with it, and I would prefer to keep it that way.

Thanks so much.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I don't know if that's an option in the stock app, but it might be possible in Handcent. A lot of people will tell you to use Handcent just because it's so much better -- I'm not a user, but it's worth looking into in any case. :)

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
a 3rd party app such as chompSMS or Handcent can get rid of your problem.

I really liked handcent but after going through 2 droids i decided to give chompSMS a shot, i really like it so far and it does give you the option to turn off any "pop up windows"