Samsung Captivate SMS Popup

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by zebrasheep, Oct 19, 2010.

1. zebrasheep

zebrasheep New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Everyone,

I'm new here, and just got my phone today. I'm no tech noob, and can usually work out any issue I have on my own, but I'm stuck on this one.

When I receive a text, it will make the usual sound, vibrate, and also a popup will appear with a line from the message and then after this disappears, an envelope stays to let me know I have a message. I just want to get rid of the blurb from the message that appears. If I'm showing someone my phone, I don't want them to catch an inappropriate line of text from a message or something like that. Now the only option that I have seen so far is to disable notifications all together. When I do that, it doesn't tell me I have a message at all until I go to the message box and see it. I still want it to ring and vibrate and show the envelope, but I just don't want the pop up to happen.

Is there anyway to do this? I don't have any additional messaging apps installed on this phone, just what came with it, and I would prefer to keep it that way.

Thanks so much.
  2. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal DF Super Moderator

So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wi
    Ratings:
    +6
    I don't know if that's an option in the stock app, but it might be possible in Handcent. A lot of people will tell you to use Handcent just because it's so much better -- I'm not a user, but it's worth looking into in any case. :)
  3. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +722
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung Galaxy s4
    a 3rd party app such as chompSMS or Handcent can get rid of your problem.

I really liked handcent but after going through 2 droids i decided to give chompSMS a shot, i really like it so far and it does give you the option to turn off any "pop up windows"
Search tags for this page

can i turn off auto correct on samsung glide phone

disable email notifications on replenish#gsc.tab
galaxy s4 no captive popup login
how to disable pop up blocker on samsung statosphere
how to stop pop ups on the samsung captivate glide
how to turn off media notifications on samsung captivate gli
pop up blocker on samsung captivate glide
stop popups samsung captivate glide
take autocorrect off on samsung captivate glide
turn off autocorrect samsung stratosphere