Samsung Captivate (ATT) Galaxy S

Scooby South

Reaction score
Just traded in an i-phone for this...sooo far...I Love it..so much more control than a i-Phone and way more accurate keyboard then I have ever used before...it has 3 options for the keyboard... Samsung, Droid, and a new feature called swype...Swype allows you to basically one touch your key and it will suggest words/phrases...kinda tricky.. I might get used to it in the future... already got a notice that android 2.2 sometime in the near future...which will allow your phone to become a mobile hotspot...sounds cool..and can't wait ....

iphone-interesting toy for the 2 weeks I owned it...
Anyways...nice to meetcha...

Bill

Last edited:

kpenning

Reaction score
Yeah if you want to remove all the AT&T crap, you can:

• get rid of bloatware apps
  • root the device
  • get rid of sideloading app restrictions
  • get rid of market censorship of apps like "PDANet"
Just click here then follow instructions

It's pretty easy to do once you get the hang of it. And then you'll love hacking your new Android. That's really the best part about switching to Android: you have the freedom and ability to hack and modify your device in a million different ways.

OP
S

Scooby South

Reaction score
Yeah if you want to remove all the AT&T crap, you can:

• get rid of bloatware apps
  • root the device
  • get rid of sideloading app restrictions
  • get rid of market censorship of apps like "PDANet"
Just click here then follow instructions

It's pretty easy to do once you get the hang of it. And then you'll love hacking your new Android. That's really the best part about switching to Android: you have the freedom and ability to hack and modify your device in a million different ways.

Awesome...:) thanks..
What is sideloading???? everything else I understand...just upgraded the memory....have 32 gig now.......a 32 card was just outta reach for me today...:)