samsung captaive glide from at&t

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by raven1989, Aug 4, 2012.

1. raven1989

raven1989 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey I am new here so if this post is in the wrong spot I'm so sorry.
    I just bought a samsung captaive glide and I love thw phone their is just two things I wanna do with my phone but I am unable to find or get to work.
    First I am wondering if you can set up this phone where if I get a text message and I do not answer it right away it will buzz or go off again in another five min or so to let me know again.
    The other thing I want is to change my text message tone to a ringtone I have downloaded. I know how to change the message tone but not how to change it to a downloaded one I have only found the ones that came qith my phone
    Any help I thank you all for and sorry if you do not understand what I am asking.
    Also any tips special apps anyone would recomend would be welcome as well

2. JSM9872

JSM9872 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +287
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy Note 3
    Welcome to Droid Forums!! We mostly deal with Verizon Android phones here, however, those are more Android specific then to your phone so I think I can help you out pretty well.

As far as a reminder, I do not think that the stock messaging app can do this. If you download an app, such as Handcent or Go SMS Pro, from the market you will find a large increase in function and customization. Also, both of those apps I mentioned have the ability to select a ring tone from downloaded music/files, so again it sounds like they will cover you pretty well.

Check them out and let me know what you think or if you have any questions.