Samsung can't Decide whether to go with the Edge or go flat on the Note 6!

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
The Samsung Galaxy Note 6 should be here at some point this summer, but there’s still time for Samsung to be undecided on some of the fine details. According to a new rumor, Samsung is toying around with the idea of either going with a traditional display or an Edge display like the one featured on the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Apps Edge screen features DSC01934

So, why not both? The company supposedly isn’t interested in launching 2 models, so that’s where the need for choice comes into play. Samsung will likely have to study all the logistics, market trends and do a lot of surveying to determine which route they want to go. My opinion? Give us the best of both worlds — big beautiful display with some curve, baby.

Beyond that, the rumor also suggests Samsung will be dropping a 4,000mAh battery inside. It would sound crazy just a couple of years ago, but we can actually see it happening here. The Galaxy S7’s Edge 5.5-inch form factor allowed them to stuff a 3,600mAh battery inside, so finding room inside a 5.8-inch device for 400mAh more doesn’t sound too far out of the question.

The rumor goes into other details about the phone we’ve heard before, including the supposed 6GB of RAM Samsung will be going with. It’s not unheard of by now, so we’re hoping it’s true. Which style of display do you want the Galaxy Note 6 to have? Let us know with a comment straight ahead!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Source

Last edited:

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think the Edge is here to stay. Only things I'm looking for is the decision about the battery being removable or not and glass back or not. If it's glass and sealed I'll pass on this one too.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I really don't think I want an edge device. I think IF they have an edge it will be an option like the S6 and S7

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I really don't think I want an edge device. I think IF they have an edge it will be an option like the S6 and S7

I think the edged devices are like an s pen. Those that use it find it invaluable but those that don't are "meh" about it or even adversarial about it. To me an edge would probably just end up being used as another dock area like multi window has been relegated to on my Notes.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I think the edged devices are like an s pen. Those that use it find it invaluable but those that don't are "meh" about it or even adversarial about it. To me an edge would probably just end up being used as another dock area like multi window has been relegated to on my Notes.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><
I use the S Pen and it's about the sole reason for me going with the Note series. I just think that the way I use my pen would be inhibited by the edge design.

I will wait for it the hit the market and get my hands on it.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I use the S Pen and it's about the sole reason for me going with the Note series. I just think that the way I use my pen would be inhibited by the edge design.

I will wait for it the hit the market and get my hands on it.

Had they had the Note4 edge available when I got my Note4 I'd have gone with it for the cool factor but agree it is something I'm fine without, unlike the s pen.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I don't think Samsung will release two phones this time ...I'm thinking it will be 5.8 with edge features and Spen ...although it's in testing might not have been decided yet..I'm looking forward to it ..

Btw I saw a Note 5 running ported S7 edge features it's promising ...lots of options useful

6S PLUS

Last edited:

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't think Samsung will release two phones this time ...I'm thinking it will be 5.8 with edge features and Spen ...although it's in testing might not have been decided yet..I'm looking forward to it ..

Btw I saw a Note 5 running ported S7 edge features it's promising ...lots of options useful

6S PLUS
The developer support will determine whether it becomes a useful norm or something that's just there and doesn't get used, like the s pen for many and multi window for even more. As long as it doesn't mess up the ergonomics of holding the phone I am in support of it being edged if there's only 1 choice (edge or no edge)

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
The Edge design sold better than Sammy expected. I think we will see an N6 Edge.

valglbgl

Reaction score
I don't care for the Edge, but could probably get used to it. I just want to get the note 6 very soon. I skipped my upgrade waiting for this phone to come out. Hurry Sammy!!.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Reactions: cr6

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I really wanted the Note 4 edge and I think it sold well but a little hard to know how well it would have done had they not limited production. I would definitely go for a N6 edge.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk