Samsung Announces the Gear S Smartwatch

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung-gear-s-ifa-2014.PNG

Just as predicted, Samsung also announced their Gear S Smartwatch. The defining characteristic of the Gear S is that it has its own nano-SIM card and 3G connection so it can be used as a replacement for your smartphone.

After an initial setup through a Samsung smart phone, the Gear S can operate exclusively as your smartphone. You can also text and use apps. It uses the Tizen OS for all of its functionality and has a 2-inch curved display.

It also includes several health sensors to be used as a fitness device.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Looks and sounds a lot better than their first go round.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I actually like the look, it is obvious they combined the gear fit with the gear watch as many loved the look of the fit.

swc2001

Reaction score
I thought the two images up top were Lg's!?
Am I confused maybe?

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Still a round face would have been a better idea. Maybe they will get it right next time.
Computer based images fit better in a rectangular screen device, that's why your PC, Tablet, Smartphone, TV is rectangular. I actually like they new Samsung smartwatch design.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
But this is a watch first and everything else second. There is a reason why real watch companies produce round faces and not square, rectangle or triangle.

kyboy

Reaction score
But this is a watch first and everything else second. There is a reason why real watch companies produce round faces and not square, rectangle or triangle.

Why? Citizen, Seiko, Bulova, and even Rolex make square face watches. Are they not "real" watch companies?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk