Samsung Announces Continuum

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
samsung-continuum-tweet.png

Samsung has finally confirmed the Continuum via twitter, with a tweet posted just minutes ago saying "announcing the Samsung Continuum arriving @ Verizon 11/11. First mobile with secondary dedicated ticker display". We should learn even more details tonight at Samsung's press event tonight. Stay tuned!

Source: Twitter / Samsung Mobile USA: announcing the Samsung Con ...

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
One of the many android devices coming to Verizon on 11/11. I personally don't like the ticker. I think its just dumb. What can it do that a widget can't?

Aram58

Reaction score
One of the many android devices coming to Verizon on 11/11. I personally don't like the ticker. I think its just dumb. What can it do that a widget can't?

Feel the same way but I think this is targeted at teens who want to see their messages IMMEDIATELY. Although I think pulling the notification panel down isn't too difficult, I can see how some people would like the ticker.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

DaWolf85

Reaction score
I think the ticker is more intended for when you are using the phone, and in-app, rather than on the unlock screen. That way, you can see if anything important happened without leaving your precious app :)

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The notification bar FTW, its awesome. In the long run I think that the ticker is going to be a hassle to deal with. Just my two cents.

DaWolf85

Reaction score
The notification bar FTW, its awesome. In the long run I think that the ticker is going to be a hassle to deal with. Just my two cents.

That's probably true. Plus it could be a drain on battery life - although the smaller main screen could make up for it.

DaWolf85

Reaction score
Found something interesting on the Verizon homepage.

phones.jpg

Look at the Continuum - there is no ticker. What's up with that?

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Found something interesting on the Verizon homepage.

phones.jpg

Look at the Continuum - there is no ticker. What's up with that?

Its not a Continuum, It looks like an Epic 4G with a Verizon brand on it. Looks like someone goofed.

electric6

Reaction score
this phone is intended for the niche market, and its sales will reflect that...

Vitticeps

Reaction score

That's probably true. Plus it could be a drain on battery life - although the smaller main screen could make up for it.

But it's not a second screen. It's all one big screen with the buttons printed onto the glass to separate the 'two' screens. It does have it's own backlight however so the batter drain point is still valid.