Samsung and Apple to Lay Down Their Weapons

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
sammyvsapple.png

The battle between these giants has been an ugly one played out around the blogosphere, but now it appears the two companies are going to sit down and try to settle their disputes. According to FOSS Patents they will meet in a San Francisco courthouse for settlement talks that will be overseen by U.S. Magistrate Judge Joseph C. Spero. This is what Apple and Samsung told the court just over 2 hours ago:

As directed by the Court, Apple and Samsung are both willing to participate in a Magistrate Judge Settlement Conference with Judge Spero as mediator. At Apple, the chief executive officer and general counsel are the appropriate decision-makers, and they will represent Apple during the upcoming settlement discussions. At Samsung, the chief executive officer and general counsel are also the appropriate decision-makers, and they will represent Samsung during these settlement discussions.

Judge Koh, who is presiding over the case, ordered the following:

The parties have indicated that they are willing to participate in a Magistrate Judge Settlement Conference ('MJSC'). ECF No. 873. Therefore, the parties are hereby referred to an MJSC with Magistrate Judge Joseph Spero with a 90-day deadline. As the parties have indicated in their joint statement, the chief executive officer and general counsel of Apple and the chief executive officer and general counsel of Samsung shall appear and participate at the MJSC.

At some point the patent suits are going to wear everyone involved down. They simply cannot go on forever no matter how deep their pockets. It's possible that eventually all the companies are going to have to sit down and come up with something they can all agree on. Licensing fee's anyone?

Source: FOSS Patents

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Booo... pick back those weapons back up I paid good money to see this fight. Hey apple I heard samsung say something disrespectful about your mother and your wife.

Street-Fighter-IV-HD-to-Android-360x360.jpg

apple-vs-android-marketshare.jpg

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
My first question is what cellular phone does U.S. Magistrate Judge Joseph C. Spero use...

catfisher

Reaction score
Agreed...we all know fruit can't beat up a Droid.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
FINALLY!!! Its about time..now we just have to wait on the settlement details....so we can fight over that.....:happy3:

LMAO at the pic in the orig post!!! lol.