Samsung Ahead might be Samsung’s version of Google Glass!

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
marcos%20with%20Glass%20on.jpg

Samsung has filed for a trademark on a logo for an unannounced product called Ahead… which seems to Samsung's version of Google Glass.

While the trademark application doesn’t provide a lot of details, Samsung does describe the category of devices which it would apply to, which paints a picture of a helmet with Google Glass-style smart features.

ahead.jpg

For example, the trademark would apply to “werable telecommunication machines and implements in the shape of a helmet,” and “wearable computer in the shape of a helmet,” as well as “electric audio an visual apparatus” such as MP3 players, portable computers, or digital cameras.

CLab_SDC_Ahead_Main_1.jpg

In other words, if Samsung is granted the trademark and some other company tries to build a helmet with a built-in smartphone, camera, or audio/video player and call it “Ahead,” Samsung would probably be able to take legal action… which suggests that Samsung’s product will be capable of all those things.

So what would you use a smart helmet for? I do not know… depends on the type of helmet, I guess. Samsung hasn’t provided any specs or pictures so it’s not clear if we’re talking about something that looks like a motorcycle helmet, a bicycle helmet, or maybe some sort of protective gear that you might wear in an industrial environment, on a construction site, or in a military setting. I have no idea if Samsung Ahead is a consumer-oriented product aimed at sports enthusiasts or an enterprise product aimed at industrial or government workers.

But a device that adds an internet connection and audio and visual cues to a helmet you’d already expect to wear on your head in some situations might be an easier sell than Google Glass, which is a wearable device that stood out like a sore thumb because it was meant to be used by people who wouldn’t normally be wearing a headset.

Source

Reactions: cr6

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
If it's coming from Samsung I'm sure it'll be interesting. TBH, I'm surprised Google Glass died out long before it ever had a chance to get into the hands of the average tech consumer.
Samsungs version of wearable tech has a much better chance of gaining traction than GG imho. Their advertising/promotional department has a much better track record than Googles' or Alphabets....which kind of seems odd being that they both have the resources & the talent.
That's Sammy though...they can be on a frozen lake in January and sell ice cubes to an a Eskimo....& still make money!

S5 tap'n

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Samsung is Releasing NerveGear! Sweet!

Amagine

Reaction score
I could definitely see this being neat to have if you're a bike rider if someone develops an applicable heads up screens. Heck I would love it if someone would create an on windshield heads up GPS with a path line overlay on the view of the road (kind of like a route line you see in GT or Forza)

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
High end Mercedes, BMW, Cadillac, Audi, etc already have heads up displays on their windshields.

S5 tap'n