Samsung Adds To Google's Security Patch Security Bulliten

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Google posted the security patches for June to the AOSP changelog earlier today. Samsung has already submitted their own list of bugs an fixes. These fixes only apply to the major flagships but include fixes for Android 4.4 through 6.0 on those devices. There were five bugs that needed fixing in this list.

Vulnerabilities included an external storage vuln, control through a locked device, sim lock issue, email encryption configuration error, and certificate bypass check for fingerprint readers. Vulns in this list have the potential to allow for full device control. These fixes are noted as being ready for release, but they probably won't actually be released by Samsung for several weeks.

via samsung

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Will this one be pushed directly from Samsung thus time or, like the last one, go through the carrier? When I get them directly from Samsung they are quick and painless. The last one was like a total firmware update, including all the necessary clean up afterward to restore performance and battery life.
I hope this one comes directly from Samsung again via their app store like times before but since its a Google first, Samsung add to it update I fear AT&T will get ahold of it and push it that way. I miss the ones that came directly from Samsung.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Last edited: