1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

same exact droids but one is over heating?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by slreno, Sep 27, 2010.

1. slreno

slreno New Member

i have 2 droid 1's both running 2.2 both are rooted and running exact same p3droid 1.0 ghz kernels with the exact same settings in setcpu but my wifes is always hitting the failsafe mode on the temp i have set at 43 celc. and backs down to 400 mhz. when it hits it. but mine always runs cool as a cucumber! it charges and idles 10 degrees cooler easily, it always does everything 10 degrees cooler. in fact i have never hit the failsafe point.

any ideas what to do?
  2. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

No two Droids are the same, this is normal behavior between two phones running the same ROM/Software/Kernel

It's best to find what works for each individual device :)
  3. slreno

slreno New Member

thanks for the reply,
    but i did some searching and found out that my wife was using the return button instead of the home button and the browser and a few other things was running in background. i force closed them and it running cool as mine.
    thanks.
  4. xkape

xkape Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

So it works fine unless she wants to do multiple things at once? Sounds delightful.
  5. gonrada

gonrada New Member

I am learning just how true this is. Both my wife and I are running BB .5 and one of chevy's ULV kernel's but her's seems to be getting terrible battery life while mine is awesome.

If I were you I would look at trying a different kernel on your wife's phone.

Also setCPU will show you how long it has spend at each of your kernel's speeds. It may be that something on her phone is keeping the phone "rev'ed up" for a longer period.