Same Capabilities with root on Droid X and Droid 1?

Discussion in 'Droid X Hacks' started by richjacksonkc, Jul 31, 2010.

1. richjacksonkc

richjacksonkc Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Argh.. I couldn't find a thread that covered this topic in one single thread, so although I know some of this info is out there some I couldn't find and I felt it should be consolidated too... sorry for any redundancy..

Basically I'm wondering for Droid X rooters out there, do you have the same capabilities with root on the Droid X as we do on the Droid 1?.. overclock, wifi tether (without the Verizon plan), etc. I'm not as concerned about custom roms and I've read alot about removing unwanted apps (bloatware).. I'm also sure that the file system will be fully accessible.. my biggest concerns are overclocking and wireless tethering..

my DX is on backorder until the 14th so I just want to make sure I'm going to enjoy it as much as I have my Droid 1 while I still have time to change my mind...

thanks

2. Abe21599

Abe21599 DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +30
    yes to wireless tether no to OCing (but its being worked on)

and yes you can delete bloatware

3. richjacksonkc

richjacksonkc Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Good... overclocking isn't as important if the DX is running the way everyone says it is... and especially if 2.2 makes the same improvement on the DX as it has on the Droid and Nexus One; but wifi tether will be nice, haven't used it too much on the Droid it's just nice to have it as an option...

Search tags for this page

how to get root capabilities on a droid x