Salutations to my new comrades in arms

Reaction score
So I got a used Droid X a couple of weeks ago and I absolutely love it, such an improvement over my OG Droid. The touch screen only way of life took some getting used to but Swype made it a fairly easy transition. That being said, I did have a couple of questions.

1. I'm running rooted stock Gingerbread 2.3.3 right now, things are running fairly smoothly with a hiccup here and there. No major issues, but are there any custom ROMs that you guys would recommend over stock? Custom ROMs saved me in the days of the OG.
2. I dunno if it's just my Droid X but does the speaker volume seem low to anyone else? With my OG I could hear music very clearly but now I can't even hear it over a running shower.
3. While on the subject of music, has anyone else had an issue where the phone will randomly shut off while playing music and won't boot back without a battery pull? If so, is there any known fix?

At the end of the day though, I love my Droid X so much. It's made the Android experience that much better dancedroid

leftspin

Reaction score
I've found that putting custom ROMs on my X has really decreased its battery life, but with that said I enjoy the phone much more with a custom ROM than I did with stock rooted GB. My favorite ROMs I've used on it were MIUI, CM4DX, and Shuji. Shuji had the best battery life, Cyanogen is just a great all around ROM, and MIUI had the worst battery life but definitely the nicest look/feel.

Yeah, the speaker volume on the Droid X is a little bit lower than I would want but it's still a great phone. I haven't seen the random shutoff bug though, although I have never used the stock music player, only Google Music and Spotify

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
What version do you have? Is it gingerbread. 602 or. 596? If so there are a few ROMs available :apex, shuji, cm7, and miui. Battery life is a little less on 2nd init ROMs like cm7 and miui.

OP
Admiral Escobar
Reaction score
I'm on 602 right now, so what would be my best options?

As far as the music issue, I'm not using the stock player, I switch between lithium player and power amp

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
Admiral Escobar
Reaction score
Forget to say thank you for that link to the roms. Now that I've taken shuji out onto the field for a few days, I'm really enjoying it, but has anyone had any issues with the camera not working while using it?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
Admiral Escobar
Reaction score
Never mind what I said about the camera, I just flashed the Blur Camera and all is right now.