Sales of Moto X

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if they've picked up. I know as of Nov. they had sold only half a million. Very disappointing. I know that if people would give the phone a try they'd love it. I have been so impressed with mine, it has no slowdowns, is updated to 4.4 (on Verizon no less!) and just does everything I ask of it very well. Granted this is only my 3rd Android device but it so heads and shoulders above my other devices that it isn't even funny.

I am hoping the new pricing will entice more buyers, but I am afraid that the Moto G will take potential buyers of the X away. The X needs to be marketed as a premium device with a non-premium price. Not an entry-level device. I think right now people just don't see it as a "flagship" or whatever.

wcjeep

Reaction score
Early reviews were not happy with the camera. That's why I can't recommend it to my non tech friends.

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
The reason I can't recommend the Moto X is the same reason I can't recommend any new Moto phone. No removable battery or expandable memory. You have to go back to the Razr M or Droid 4 to get those items.:mad:

MotoXGirl

Reaction score
I think that it has picked up. The camera now works great, and Moto has had several huge sales on the Moto X. I don't know what their numbers are now, but I would imagine its much better now.

StupidGenius

Reaction score
IMO, the more Motorola entices consumers with lowering the price, the more people are getting it in their hands. Once that happens, I feel word-of-mouth will pass on as to how great a device it is. That gets more people interested in the current model and hopefully flocking to the 2nd gen model when it releases.

Scott0719

Reaction score
This is from an article I read today...

"The 2013 Moto X has been particularly popular during Motorola’s Cyber Monday sales, when the company dropped the price of the device down to $349 off-contract, and sold tens of thousands of units in less than eight minutes. Following the sales event, the company permanently dropped the price of the handset down to $399. Since launching the device, the company has learned that more than 25% of Moto X buyers choose to customize their device, more than initially believed, with 80% of those aged under 35. Furthermore, the Moto X helped Motorola become the number three premium smartphone maker in North America, Woodside said."

Heres the link: Woodside: more Moto X customization, even cheaper Moto Gs, ?stay tuned? for wearables, and Moto Maker tablets under consideration

TatDroid

Reaction score
The Moto X seems to be like an independent film that opens quietly in limited release, gets good press and word of mouth buzz, then gradually builds.

More than any other phone I can remember, the X seems to be universally loved and recommended by those who own it. It's one of those "it just works" phones.

TatDroid

Reaction score
Early reviews were not happy with the camera. That's why I can't recommend it to my non tech friends.

That's why you COULDN'T recommend it. Camera has been updated (twice since release), and is no longer a negative. I can't think of a reason not to recommend it now - unless a person wants a screen bigger than 4.7".

Dweib

Reaction score
How's the voice quality? Lately folks I call say I sound muffled.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

MotoXGirl

Reaction score
edu3atyr.jpg

This is from my Moto X camera now.

Texted while driving (hands free) on my Moto X.

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
I would imagine sales have picked up considering the discounts they have been offering. I'm waiting on some delicious rosewood to get mine though.

OP
L

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would imagine sales have picked up considering the discounts they have been offering. I'm waiting on some delicious rosewood to get mine though.

Actually this is a good point. How many people are waiting in case they offer it in chrome or stainless steel?

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
Actually this is a good point. How many people are waiting in case they offer it in chrome or stainless steel?

I just ordered mine with the teak finish yesterday.

Chrome or steel would be interesting. If they do a Moto X refresh I wouldn't put it past them. Lenovo, who is buying Motorola, is known in the laptop world for using premium materials in their construction. I use their ThinkPad line and they're built like tanks.

StupidGenius

Reaction score

I just ordered mine with the teak finish yesterday.

Chrome or steel would be interesting. If they do a Moto X refresh I wouldn't put it past them. Lenovo, who is buying Motorola, is known in the laptop world for using premium materials in their construction. I use their ThinkPad line and they're built like tanks.

I suppose Kevlar may be a possibility also, unless that's Verizon Droid-line exclusive.