Sales Lead App Request

coreyg510

Reaction score
I did a quick search but found no threads matching what I wanted so here is my request.

I have a new droid from Verizon and I am looking for an application to use with my job. I am in auto sales and I occasionaly encounter prospects that I need to follow up with. While I could use a combo calendar/todo function to complete my work, I'd like to have an app that handles it all.

Here is what I am thinking:

This application would need a couple of key features.

#1. A client sheet that would include the following
a. Client name, address, phone number, Email address (Individual fields & an option to auto dial the number when user touches that field)
b. Product client is interested in
c. Notes section for any reminders
d. A follow up alarm system
e. Filtration ability (Useful for moving a clients contact to Sold, Cease Contact, ect.)
f. Date Sold

With these features, I could effectively store a clients information and have my Droid remind me if I ever need to follow up with them. For those who have bought my product, I still have their information stored so I can send thank you cards or referral letters ect.

Upon creating that initial screen, it might be nice to have the ability to click on a tasks button so that I can add tasks that have a reminder ability (Such as send email, Send thank you card, Prep vehicle, ect.)

The address book would have to be stand alone so as not to merge with my current address book on my droid.

I am sure that there are plenty more features that would be useful and other sales people feel free to add suggestions. For any developer wishing to make this product, I'd be willing to pay at least $10-$20 for it. That would be a small price for such a huge benefit in my line of work, but it may be best to keep the fields "Line of Work" nuetral.

Let me know if this is possible and if you do decide to take on the task, let me know so I can purchase it immediately when it is available. I would be willing to bet there is plenty of demand for this kind of product and more in the business area.

OP
C

coreyg510

Reaction score
Is anyone up to the task. Lot of people are looking but no one seems to want to take up the challenge. I think this is a great opportunity to earn some money. Especially since sales people network a lot and usually like the higher end phones.

It takes nothing for one sales guy to tell another about a Client Lead application that makes managing their clients and their information easier.

Tools like this are a big necessity. However, it seems that developers want to create games and wallpapers. Business applications dwindle to near nothing.

I hope someone takes up the challenge

Technoman

Reaction score
Is anyone up to the task. Lot of people are looking but no one seems to want to take up the challenge. I think this is a great opportunity to earn some money. Especially since sales people network a lot and usually like the higher end phones.

It takes nothing for one sales guy to tell another about a Client Lead application that makes managing their clients and their information easier.

Tools like this are a big necessity. However, it seems that developers want to create games and wallpapers. Business applications dwindle to near nothing.

I hope someone takes up the challenge

Have you thought about using Documents to Go Spreadsheet functions for your data? It would handle most of what you are needing except for the Calendar/Alert parts.

fernandizzel

Reaction score
managing sales with your Droid

Ok, so I know that this is not the ideal solution for you but I wanted to share the best solution I have found for managing sales leads with currently available software. I suspect that many sales people have been lured to Android from Blackberry as I have.

Let's break down the issues and solutions I found;

Separate business or customer data from personal: Create another Gmail account for business to sync with your phone. By doing this, you can "turn off" your business contacts on the weekends and just see your personal. In contacts, hit the menu button, select display options and uncheck the business Gmail contacts. This has the added benefit of creating a seperate business calendar that is color coded differently than your primary.

Customer notes: I keep mine in their contact notes

Sales Funnel: I use Remember The Milk and upgraded to pro so that it syncs with my phone. There's also a cool widget to put your preferred list on a home screen. I created lists for every stage of my sales process. Mine are; 1.Lead, 2.Prospect, 3.Opportunity, 4.Negotiating, 5.Closed (they are numbered or else they will be in alpha order). For a potential customer I create an entry in the Lead list with their name and product interested in as the title then I put additional notes as needed (but I keep most notes in contact). As they move through my sales funnel, I change the list that the "to do" belongs in.

The best thing for me about this method is that I can do all the data entry on my home computer at Gmail and RTMilk.com and it syncs to my phone.

Let me know your thoughts. I'm interested to hear anyone else's tips/tricks for using their Droid for business. I love mine. Since I bought a separate full size bluetooth keyboard, I don't need to carry a laptop anymore. I laugh when I see someone carrying a netbook when my Droid does all the same things (except Flash, which I hope changes soon). :motdroidhoriz:

fernandizzel

Reaction score
Oh, one more thing... you can set reminder or "due" dates for you "to do" in the RTM app. This is handy to make sure your opportunities are progressing, you can set a date to prompt you to follow up.

showstopping

Reaction score
::zombie thread revival::

These app guys launched today. Its definitely not 100% exactly what you are looking for OP. But maybe download it and try it..
OneLead | Mobile Marketing AutomationIm beating it up on my ipad for sales leads - and use my EVO to cold call..